Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find this forum to be pretty depressing. I feel for you guys Who have bad luck and I hope I am not going to have any for a while.

I am trying to bring some light to this gloomy forum

I had a selector shaft leak after getting the SCIV done got that fixed the other day no problems other than that.

I will hit 140,000 with the next few days Truck runs awesome still feels tight
Original injectors

I want to keep her for as long as I can. This may be the first vehicle I might actually pay off before trading it in. If I can get 200K out of the motor and put in a used motor I will be happy.

I feel this truck will be good for 400+K and if I run it that long I will have quite a savings from not making truck payments.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Thats what the site is for.There are over 60,000 members here.Not everyone is having issue all the time.If you actually use a truck hard,stuff's gonna happen.I've got over 80,000 trouble free miles.The problems that I've had have been created by me in the first place.:D

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Everythings running good on my end too.........besides the trans at 10k but......:D

I love those ratios, somebody on here has something to say that will work!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I find this forum to be pretty depressing. I feel for you guys Who have bad luck and I hope I am not going to have any for a while.

I am trying to bring some light to this gloomy forum

I had a selector shaft leak after getting the SCIV done got that fixed the other day no problems other than that.

I will hit 140,000 with the next few days Truck runs awesome still feels tight
Original injectors

I want to keep her for as long as I can. This may be the first vehicle I might actually pay off before trading it in. If I can get 200K out of the motor and put in a used motor I will be happy.

I feel this truck will be good for 400+K and if I run it that long I will have quite a savings from not making truck payments.
Well, now you did it! You'll be in the shop by next week now.:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
better hurry up and knock on wood:) Just kidding, people are much more apt to voice a gripe or problem than they are praise. These forums tend to get used to find answers for problems more than any thing else, so you are naturally mostly reading negatives. When was the last time that you read a post about ....went out to the truck to go to work today and WOW it started and got me there. Like 66flh, most of my problems(with noted exceptions) have been caused by me or simply expected with extreme use.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think if we all came in here braggin about our trucks this would be like one of those riceburner sites. LAME!! this site is actually a very helpful reference for people who genuinly love beating the snot of their truck, or towing/hauling heavy loads long distance. we show great concern for protecting our investment and for the most part everyone is quite civil in here...not depressing in my opinion. and after jinxing yourself you better start an injector savings account.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Actually, I am both pleased and disappointed with my truck. I am a retired engineer and treat my truck as I would treat any piece of machinery, with care and respect. The mere fact that I have got 80,000 miles out of a set of Bridgestone Revos, should surely indicate that I drive and brake gently. The hardest work the truck does is its annual winter pilgrimage to Arizona, towing our fifth wheel.
The truck (touch wood) has never let us down, but what does disappoint me is the premature failure of:
1) Passenger side front wheel bearings.
2) Pitman arm
3) Idler arm
4) Intermediate Steering Shaft (Twice)
I never go 'Off Road', so I can only conclude that the above items are under engineered, which surprises me considering the years of experience the GM have in designing trucks. It would be interesting to conduct a poll to see what components are the most likely to fail. Is my experience typical?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mine too KevinL! I currently have 105K trouble free original injector miles. Biggest repair expense to date was the transfer case pump rub repair. A new t-case half and installation was $735. Not bad for 6 years and 105K. :):)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
i haven't been trouble free, but out of pocket repairs over the 5 years has been less than $1000 and one was 'optional' at almost $500. No payments on it for over 2 years which is great and just turned 75,000 on the way in this morning.

only issue right now is everyone morning when it's been really wet and I'm backing up out of the driveway I get a squeek from my left rear wheel. Haven't gone to look but I think it's a rusty rotor problem. It does go away after I apply the brakes though and doesn't do it anymore after I've gone 1/10 of a mile forward and try backing up again.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
i haven't been trouble free, but out of pocket repairs over the 5 years has been less than $1000 and one was 'optional' at almost $500. No payments on it for over 2 years which is great and just turned 75,000 on the way in this morning.

only issue right now is everyone morning when it's been really wet and I'm backing up out of the driveway I get a squeek from my left rear wheel. Haven't gone to look but I think it's a rusty rotor problem. It does go away after I apply the brakes though and doesn't do it anymore after I've gone 1/10 of a mile forward and try backing up again.

I had a Ford once that squeeked when it rained, I had to ride the brakes down the driveway and it would dry them out and all was happy again.

My truck is at 181,000+ and runs better everyday, injectors have over 148,000 miles on them, and all I have had is the Pump rub hole, fixed and good to go.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Love my DMAX, only problem is my need to go faster w/ more power, but thats not GM's fault I guess:grd:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yeah reading the all the post in this forum makes me worry but my truck still runs great. There seems to be allot of problems with these trucks though, you know compared to GM gass trucks. I don't think I will buy the that new smaller duramax engine, atleast not for the first 3-4 years.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Mine too KevinL! I currently have 105K trouble free original injector miles. Biggest repair expense to date was the transfer case pump rub repair. A new t-case half and installation was $735. Not bad for 6 years and 105K. :):)
$750? Where the hell did you get that price?

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
$750? Where the hell did you get that price?

That was just a case half and pump housing and install I believe.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am at 85k, AC blower is the only thing to be replaced.

Although as an 04 owner I was glad to get the letter last week, I am now covered to 200k,

·
Registered
159 Posts
idler arm pitman arm are wear items i have worked on all makes and tey are like shocks and tires thet ake a beating from our high taxed roads and huge bumps and engineered pot holes so i wouldnt complain dodge cant keep a frontend in there trucks and ford cant keep tires on there junk so my 2003 duramax is great run it loaded most times and it gets good mileage and all the power i want no cost other than maint so far and maint will keep it that way just my 2 cents merry christmas jack

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Yeah reading the all the post in this forum makes me worry but my truck still runs great. There seems to be allot of problems with these trucks though, you know compared to GM gass trucks.
I agree with most of what you said, there are times I worry, but then I read how much some of the trucks are modded. I then say well, I dont have the money to do any of that so I might just go along time before anything happens. As for a lot of problems, I dont see that as much as so many have the same issues and when they ask a question there is soooo much help jumps in and steers them to the answer they need. That is a good thing in my books. If anything I come here for the friendships that so many have in helping each other and I commend each and everyone for that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had a Ford once that squeeked when it rained, I had to ride the brakes down the driveway and it would dry them out and all was happy again.

My truck is at 181,000+ and runs better everyday, injectors have over 148,000 miles on them, and all I have had is the Pump rub hole, fixed and good to go.
Hey Tolli, glad to see some else who's got a mile or to on their truck. Merry Christmas Y'all.

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
126,000 miles...original injectors...runs like a scalded cat...enuf said.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts