Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 02 2500hd in this week to have the service work done for the Allison slow to engage after sitting for a day or so TSB. The TSB is to replace 2 springs in the torque converter that allows the fluid to flow backward. Help me out with this description dmaxallitech if you want.

Anyway, went by the dealer last night to get a loaner (after he's had it since Monday morning's appointment and hadn't pulled it into the service bay til yesterday afternoon) and I and my wife jumped all over them. They had my truck up on the rack and I could see a good part of the exhaust system, rear (2 piece)drive shaft, cat converter, and a few other pieces laying on the floor. The tech was just dropping the bell housing down from the frame. He quit for the day right after that.

The dealer said that they were 1.5 weeks behing on tranny work.

I've got my finger crossed they will put it all back together correctly and I've asked the dealer(a 5 star wannabe) to through in the spin on filter while they've got it down if he wants to try to smooth things over with me.

My wife said I kinda looked like this
last night seeing my truck in a hundred pieces laying on the floor.

gary

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
02hd,

I hope things work out well for you... I hate seeing a lot of parts on the floor, unless its an assembly line....

Good Luck

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
You dont wanna come in my stalls when its busy.. I have two trannies out now, one is an allison. I just reassmbled an injector job and you put all those pieces togather......scary to untrained eye... $$ to my eye!!

Eric

·
Registered
299 Posts
Am I the only one who has left over piles for another day

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've been hauling a couple of screws around in my ashtray that came out of the console........... somewhere?? Maybe someday it will start rattling and I can figure out where they go. Oh, well. Got the ham radio and the CB both mounted in there. Can't believe... such a big truck and NO ROOM to put anything.

When I do major disassemblies anymore, I take lots of digital pictures. Saved me on numerous occasions.

·
Registered
473 Posts
You mean to tell my you arent supposed to have some parts left over?
I always have left over parts!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
You should see the pile of parts we can get off of a Boeing 737 in just a few day's
Engines, thrust reversers, flaps, landing gear, leading edges, air cycle machines, and the complete interior removed for inspection and repair.. and just 14 day's to complete it all.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Talking of parts, I remember the first (only) trans rebuild I did with my buddy 17 years ago. 84 Buick Century front driver, rebuilt the trans, didn't want to spend over a grand on a new one. When it was all said and done, we had a coffee can full of left over bolts and parts....
..oops. It did work tho, with a little slip in reverse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts