·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
it really worked for me

It sure worked for me just what he said. Mpg increase and more power ,haven't been able to check out what increase pulling the gooseneck loaded or unloaded. Money well spend ,went to dealer in town and they download into computer. done deal

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Are you checking your mileage by hand or using the DIC? If you are using the DIC then your fuel mileage will be off with altered programming. Make sure you hand calc to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
it works so well you are able to run it with a stock trans i diont think so and the dealer installed it for you mybe but i wouldn't think they would

·
Registered
127 Posts
Not dealer a dealer for wester. Theres only so many ways to check mpg, One sure isn't from the truck computer just a helpful guide. The mpg from the truck sure was impressive until you hand cal, that still was impressive. Going from 15 to 16 mpg driving 70 to getting 21 to 22 at the same speed with winter blend. If I had stock tires wouldn't that some good mpg. Know the truck would really look sick. Just heard from Lyndon at wester and over time the DIC will correct itself but at this time they can't correct it. Work in progress.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
You will see a huge improvement on your DIC. You will not see such a huge improvement with a pencil and paper.

·
Banned
3,141 Posts
I believe we discussed this last year, just can't recall what the final analysis was. You might find something doing a search, possibly even the old forums. If the MPG gains were that great we should all have one, especially with the price of diesel right now. JJ :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Them my pencil and paper must be different. All the thread on how the DIC is off, I sure would be nice to believe this fancy hardware in these truck, Like evertbody has said Paper and Pencil don't lie(with all the facts in place). Try this 1022 mile driving over 4 days city and hwy the mpg was 19mpg for total trip. How these are what I got I had to recheck everything and it still come out the same. It was pretty hard to believe.
Paper and pencil still works

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Them my pencil and paper must be different. All the thread on how the DIC is off, I sure would be nice to believe this fancy hardware in these truck, Like evertbody has said Paper and Pencil don't lie(with all the facts in place). Try this 1022 mile driving over 4 days city and hwy the mpg was 19mpg for total trip. How these are what I got I had to recheck everything and it still come out the same. It was pretty hard to believe.
Paper and pencil still works
The DIC is pretty accurate with the OEM programming. Once you add or alter it then it becomes pretty unreliable. Your sig doesn't say you have any computer or programmers installed so yours is probably very accurate.

edit.. so you have Westers installed on your truck? you might add that to your sig..

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Try this 1022 mile driving over 4 days city and hwy the mpg was 19mpg for total trip.
That mileage puts you pretty much inline with what most of us get. My truck gets right at 18 in all city stop and go. Mixed driving get me in a 19.7 and all highway if I keep it below 70mph got me in at 21.6. All numbers done with pen and paper. Now if I could keep it below 70 on the highway I would be doing great but most of the time I'm running 75 - 85 and the milage drops to 18.5 - 19 mpg

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
That mileage puts you pretty much inline with what most of us get. My truck gets right at 18 in all city stop and go. Mixed driving get me in a 19.7 and all highway if I keep it below 70mph got me in at 21.6. All numbers done with pen and paper. Now if I could keep it below 70 on the highway I would be doing great but most of the time I'm running 75 - 85 and the milage drops to 18.5 - 19 mpg
:exactly:

·
Registered
274 Posts
i just came back from a trip an i only got 13.8 mpg no trialer just 4 passengers 70-75 mph
maybe 80 mph for about 20 miles.
(all stock just 265/75/16?? + it only 2wd.)
why what can i do?
should i change fuel filter?
i currently have 12,288 miles a lil under 500 hours
i get so jelious when i hear of people getting 19-29 mpg WTF

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
i just came back from a trip an i only got 13.8 mpg no trialer just 4 passengers 70-75 mph
maybe 80 mph for about 20 miles.
(all stock just 265/75/16?? + it only 2wd.)
why what can i do?
should i change fuel filter?
i currently have 12,288 miles a lil under 500 hours
i get so jelious when i hear of people getting 19-29 mpg WTF
:exactly: I do not think I could get 18mpg with a 40 mph tail wind. 13.5 to 14.5 mpg is the best empty interstate mpg I have got at 70mph.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also only get 14-15 mpg unloaded on the interstate (70-75mph), and I just turned 15,000 miles. Pulling my 8.5x16 enclosed with just a piano inside, i got 11.4 mpg yesterday. oh well, great for you guys that get better. I still like the truck.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
For the most part, you are never going to get good measured mileage at 70 mph or above, nor with over 265 tires, nor with a lift kit. Keep it at 65 or less hwy, 265 or less tires, cruise control, and you will see much better mileage. D/A's drink fuel over 65 mph like some of you drink beer in front of the TV.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I mileage tune from Lyndon is great on some trucks. I can verify a 27mpg tank going from N. Illinois to Red Lake, Ontario in a CCSB loaded with fishing gear. This is w/ 245's, hand-calculated and rechecked to make sure he wasn't full of it. They are many guys getting hand culculated #'s 4-5mpg gallon higher with mileage tune. This tune is usually in the range of 90hp and pulls very smooth...but if you don't keep your foot out of it, nothing will work.

The best I have seen is 17mpg with 6" lift and 35's, but I drive really, really hard.

If you have questions, call Lyndon @ 1-888-Wester-1, he can answer anything as he is the programmer/owner!

·
Banned
569 Posts
As I understand it, Westers reprograms the PCM (you ship him yours, he reprograms it and ships it back). What happens to the program if you take the truck into your Chevy dealer, and they reflash it? Will you lose the Westers tune?

Thanks,

Joseph

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
As I understand it, Westers reprograms the PCM (you ship him yours, he reprograms it and ships it back). What happens to the program if you take the truck into your Chevy dealer, and they reflash it? Will you lose the Westers tune?

Thanks,

Joseph
The westers tune is most likely locked. The GM dealer would not be able to reflash.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
could be but i would like to have some who has it verify those numbers

Those #s are real:ro) I have the same tune..............:D

Dont think the LLYs are getting quite the same #s though....IIRC theyre just under 500 RWHP

1 - 20 of 68 Posts