Diesel Place banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew no one else would buy it for me, so I bought it for myself.....a new Diablo Predator r2.02 for $299. Pretty good price? Supposed to be here Christmas Eve. Anything I need to know about loading it that's particular to the Predator? Only plan on the 40hp, well maybe 65hp, OK,OK might have to try the 120hp just for giggles, but just once mind you! lol Honestly, just want a little more power, honest! With it set on the 2nd or 3rd setting, do I need to really get rid of the cat like some say?

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you are adding power you NEED gauges. More than likely you will see at least borderline egt's with stock exhaust and a tuner. Get a 4 inch turbo back exhaust and that will help alot. Also losing the cat is also a must.

Good luck you will LOVE the added hp.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
You will be impressed with the 65 hp. Like as stated above, you need to consider gauges. If you don't pull often, avoid WOT for a length of time. Enjoy!

G

·
Be prepared for your tranny to shift like crap for the first couple of days as it adapts to the extra hp. When I first added my Predator, I thought I broke something. Give it a day or two to adapt and you''' be one very happy camper.

BTW, you will love the +65 hp setting - makes the truck run like a scalded cat PLUS will save you fuel to boot!

·
Registered
99 Posts
You must not have been very good to only get that for Christmas!!!!!!!!!! All of us that were really really good are getting Big Horse Power and Tricked Out Trannies for Chrstmas............lol enjoy P.S. the elve's told me Santa's sled does blow black smoke and runs on #2 with a bow tie emblem on it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm assuming all I need are Pyro and boost gauges, correct? I'm looking at a 4" s/s down pipe and muffler. How much louder is it going to be? Kinda like it quiet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 4" turbo back on mine and the noise is not high at all. To be honest I dont hear anything now than I did with the stock, now if you stand at the tip it sounds like a plane exhaust. Someone told me that because of the varable vane turbo??

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm assuming all I need are Pyro and boost gauges, correct? I'm looking at a 4" s/s down pipe and muffler. How much louder is it going to be? Kinda like it quiet.
the banks muffler even without the cat kept mine pretty quiet untill i got it over 15psi or so, then it has the loud LBZ turbo hiss. youll see what i mean when you pull the cat. :D I ended up straight piping mine and it grumbles loud on the low end and screams on the high end. Basically when your looking for a muffler, the fatter the body is the quieter it is.

·
Registered
640 Posts
i bought my self a sun coast, and some tie rods sleeved for Christmas, you must not like yourself very much ;)

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Yes the Pyro and boost gauge are the ones to have, and I straight piped my truck although it is a LB7, they tend to growl alittle better than the VVT equipped trucks, in My opinion that is.

The predator is a good handheld tuner, where did you get it for that price? and it does alot more for the money than other tuners as well, be careful at the higher stettings, or you will be Limping the tranny.

I wish Santa would treat me to a Suncoast tranny.............

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the Pyro and boost gauge are the ones to have, and I straight piped my truck although it is a LB7, they tend to growl alittle better than the VVT equipped trucks, in My opinion that is.

The predator is a good handheld tuner, where did you get it for that price? and it does alot more for the money than other tuners as well, be careful at the higher stettings, or you will be Limping the tranny.

I wish Santa would treat me to a Suncoast tranny.............
I did a search and came up with Klasse Authorized Dist. Says Diablosportdirect. I'd put a link here, but I don't believe they're a vendor to the site. As far as the pipe goes, I want to keep the noise as close to stock as possible, so straight piping is probably out. Do people run fuel pressure along with the boost & pyro for any reason? Any need in it? I just want to run the 65hp without any damage is all.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's a good price for the de-catted down pipe, muffler, and tail pipe? Good manufactures ?

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
What's a good price for the de-catted down pipe, muffler, and tail pipe? Good manufactures ?

Can get them for around 75 bucks used from folks on here, or about 100 bucks for a new front pipe without the cat, search around.

No need for the fuel pressure gauge, none read high enough (20,000psi or something like that) after the pump, and our fuel system is a vacuum draw from the tank to the pump.

·
Registered
706 Posts
i bought myself 5 inch mbrp turbo back with muff delet pipe for christmas. i have boost and pyro gauge with my upgrades. you will see lower egts for sure with new exhaust when you use your tuner.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts