Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mileage while towing my 14' gooseneck horse trailer has always been around 11.5-11.8 mpg on the hiway at 70-75 mph with tthis truck -:t . I had the computer reflashed a couple of months ago, I "swiss-cheesed" my airbox, and I unplugged my egr valve. I finally got to tow with this set up. On my way to the rodeo into a major headwind I managed 12.6 mpg. On my way back home yesterday in perfect weather I got 14 mpg :D . If I can keep that up I will be in hawg heaven. This is even bettewr than my lly would get. hope it keeps up.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Mileage while towing my 14' gooseneck horse trailer has always been around 11.5-11.8 mpg on the hiway at 70-75 mph with tthis truck -:t . I had the computer reflashed a couple of months ago, I "swiss-cheesed" my airbox, and I unplugged my egr valve. I finally got to tow with this set up. On my way to the rodeo into a major headwind I managed 12.6 mpg. On my way back home yesterday in perfect weather I got 14 mpg :D . If I can keep that up I will be in hawg heaven. This is even bettewr than my lly would get. hope it keeps up.
Air in is important. Many people have noted mpg increases with a good CAI.

You meant LB7 right?

·
Registered
31,526 Posts
Thats great Cowdoc :) About how much weight would you say you were pulling? And what tune setting were you using?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Tx, I meant lb7.

Otis,
I was running the Predator at 65 hp., egr diagnostics off. I figure the total weight of the trailer was probably around 5k, but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
80mph interstate with 4 snowmobiles, 11mpg

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just filled 'er up again. I got 18.2 mpg on this tank of fuel. All 2 lane country roads @ 60mph. Just under 10% of the miles were towing my horse trailer. I have been getting aboiut 16 mpg under these conditions. I am a happy camper for now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the good fortune continues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts