Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MBRP 4" stainless steel catback with front pipe. The removal of stock exhaust and install of new was a breeze. I had to remove the exhaust bracket bolted to the tranny to take the stock front pipe out with the cat as the cat was holding it up. That was a bit of a pain to remove as one of the bolts is extremely hard to get to. It sounds awesome, exactly what I wanted. Deep sound at idle, deep sound while cruisin' and not too loud, and sounds mean when getting on it yet still sounds good and not overly loud. Tip looks good as well. Seems like the turbo whistle is a bit louder as well. Let me know what you think.

By the way, I took the pic a while ago after installing it and yes, the truck is dirty. Damn rain.

·
Registered
272 Posts
get ready to have P0401 codes. PPE has a fix for that though

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What code is that and will it trip the check engine light? Also, if I left it alone until one of the members verifies that the original Finger Stick works for the LBZ, would I be risking anything? With that code, does it affect the performance, gas mileage, etc. of the truck?

·
Registered
272 Posts
it is EGR insuffient flow. don't worry. I keep going to auto zone and they clear it for me. I did not start having the problem until 6500 miles after installing my 5 inch exhaust. it does set a check engine light. i have not seen any performance problems with it.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I haven't set off any codes yet, well I don't really know for sure, but the light hasn't been tripped yet. If there is a code being throw and it does trip the light, what risks am I taking? Will there be any negative affect whatsoever?

Also, I forgot to ask this last night, but at the tailpipe/tip, it makes a sound like a bunch of pressurized air is coming out, is this normal? I hope I didn't install the muffler backwards. The fins that are inside the pipe, they should be going with the flow and not against it right? In other words, it shouldn't be catching any of the flow by facing the air.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't know about your muffler, As far as the sound goes, it usually means that the truck is breathing. Mine has a slight whistle sound to it. that is the impellers of the turbo cutting thru the air. check with PPE and they will have the module to trick the PCM for the P0401 code. It will not cause any adverse effects. blocking off the EGR and installing the module will help keep the oil cleaner longer without the black sooty buildup

·
Registered
751 Posts
Mbrp

Looks sweet, but my question is how much louder would you say that your turbo whistle is? Thanx:ro)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Balls a little rusty,but they get that way when you don't use then.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I really can't put the sound into words, its just makes a hissing/blowing sound. Not so much a whistle, but air.

As far as the whistle, it did make it spool up a little faster and it is a little louder.

The ball is a bit rusty and kinda throws things off a bit huh. I haven't used it in a while as my drag car is down at the moment.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My LBZ sounds totally different from my LB7 did even with the same exhaust system. I can hear this thing breathing and yes it does spool up faster.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It does have a breathing sound, but very aggressive and loud. Is this normal? I hope I didn't install the muffler backwards. How could I tell? I hate to take the piping after the muffler off to double check, but if need be, I will.

·
Registered
272 Posts
it is the sound of a healthy breathing engine. don't be concerned. Drive it and have fun.

·
Registered
272 Posts
it is the sound of a healthy breathing engine. don't be concerned. Drive it and have fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.