Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2 new NAPA Orbital Batteries......Censored

I've noticed that B.B.T. started very hard this last week when the temps began to get below 32*, even after being plugged in, so I figured it was time. Since the truck can sit out in the parking lot unplugged for 10-12 hours while I'm out on the route, I just didn't want to take the risk of a no-start condition this winter.

So, out with the old, in with the new.

1000CA (at 32*), 770CCA(at 0*), 2 year free replacement, 84 month warranty. I shouldn't have to replace the batteries again.

Tell ya what..the wait light doesn't stay on long and that starter sure spins fast with that many amps behind it.....

Attachments

·
Registered
14,321 Posts
Tom
How would you compare these with Optima or any other quality battery? I have not been that impressed with Optima lately.
mike

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are made by Exide, which is a pretty reliable battery company. They seem to be physically well made. The integrated handle is a really nice feature, since they are heavy buggers. I've been pestering Scott about this battery, and he knows a lot more about them than I do.

Since I just installed them, any other observations will have to wait til I start the truck a few times in the cold.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I like mine, had them a couple months now, much nicer than the delco's.

And a better warranty than the Optima's......;)

Edit: Wait a minute...You paid how much????????:eek:

I got mine for about $80 a piece......:cool:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
They are made by Exide, which is a pretty reliable battery company. They seem to be physically well made. The integrated handle is a really nice feature, since they are heavy buggers. I've been pestering Scott about this battery, and he knows a lot more about them than I do.

Since I just installed them, any other observations will have to wait til I start the truck a few times in the cold.
I'll be looking to you Tom for future updates.....as I'm planning on trying these in the future, when it's my time.

rolloffhill, if I may ask..where did you find them for $80 each?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummmm.....NAPA.......:D
He must've given the store owner a free sheep or something to get them at that price. I had to get the NAPA guys up here to use a fleet account to get the price down to $100/ea. Heck, retail price on them was $165/ea. :eek:

I guess there are some things smaller in Texas...

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
He must've given the store owner a free sheep or something to get them at that price. I had to get the NAPA guys up here to use a fleet account to get the price down to $100/ea. Heck, retail price on them was $165/ea. :eek:

Na I just think the store owners up there think they can charge more for them cause their customers have permanent brain freeze from the cold weather.....:p:

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Tom,

Cold there already??? Heck, its been close to 90F all week long here. Well that is Southern California for you. :ro) Gotta love it !!!!!

Dont forget the LongJohns, ):h
Doug

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Tom,

Cold there already??? Heck, its been close to 90F all week long here. Well that is Southern California for you. :ro) Gotta love it !!!!!

Dont forget the LongJohns, ):h

Doug
Long johns? I've been wearing long johns at work for the past 2 weeks. I'll double them up come winter.

At least we don't have earthquakes.....or torrential rains. :D

You bought something from him? Yikes, that is scary... Na, just kidding. He seems like a nice guy... Good luck
I didn't buy them FROM Scott, but since he's a NAPA manager, any purchase you make from NAPA in general helps the company, right? Not that Scott'll GET a retirement from them, but the thought is nice.....

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Sorry about the Name thing.....yes, I am all excited about my new Lux Touchscreen NAV w/CDX system.

Regarding earthquakes and torrential rains...... they dont happen every year. Not like the BIG winter storms and tornados in the mid-west. I think I'll take the shakes and rain.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry about the Name thing.....yes, I am all excited about my new Lux Touchscreen NAV w/CDX system.

Regarding earthquakes and torrential rains...... they dont happen every year. Not like the BIG winter storms and tornados in the mid-west. I think I'll take the shakes and rain.
Yeah I know.....:lol:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have the same batteries. Have had 'm for a year now. I do like them as well. I paid $120 apiece here.

Ben

·
Registered
6,918 Posts

Censored I know you could have got them for 80 a piece Tom...

Sorry you aren't closer pal, I would have hooked you up.. :(

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
So I could of saved money!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF? My bu!!hole hurts!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Man those are powerfull! Are they lead/acid or gel cell?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes. According to the info I have, they can be mounted upside down if you wanted.....

1 - 20 of 70 Posts