Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed for the track again tonight. LACR in Palmdale California. Elevation usually around 3500 ft+.

I lowered the torsion bars 12 turns. Basically the 7 I put in it when I first bought it to level it out.... and 5 more just for good measure.

My truck is a 2003 CC Long Bed 4wd with a Snug Top Shell as driven daily. Nothing is on a diet. BFG's at 35 psi.

Using a Bad Attitude level 5 + Duramaxamizer set on kill. (Quad 215 box is in for reflash and a bunch of friends were going to the track...I can't resist peer pressure...I'm so weak)

Spooled her up to approx. 2200 rpm and let her fly in 4HI!

60 ft 1.869

1/8 8.624

1/4 13.633

MPH 97.495

No wheel spin at all....I guess I need to launch with more boost! Compared to launching in 2wd and smoking the tires through 3rd gear to a 2.3 60 ft..... a 4WD launch is like getting shot out of a cannon!

The 500hp V-10 Viper motored Dodge truck I raced was heart broken. His 14.082 wasn't good enough! Although at 99.608 mph he probably needs some help in the traction dept. I can't tell you his 60 ft because the 60 ft clocks in his lane didn't work. But his 1/8 was 9.155.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Now wait till ya get your tuner back for the stack, should be gettin ya down close to the 12's, lose some weight off the truck and even better!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
All in a days work.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Good job trippin! I guess that means you got your ats hooked up to remove the speed limiter.
Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Good job!!

If you want better ET's run either Famoso, Fontana, or Carlsbad.

The altitude at LACR sucks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Good job Guy

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
the ATS trans sure clicks off the gears doesn't it?

you'll never launch in 2wd again

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mtomac said:
the ATS trans sure clicks off the gears doesn't it?

you'll never launch in 2wd again

Amen brother Mtomac!

FYI, went to the scales at lunch today, 7500lbs in race trim!

·
Registered
115 Posts
pretty good 60ft!

I hate LACR. I pretty much refuse to race there. Gotta think you are running lower 13s at sea level, not to mention the weather has been on the warmer side.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Time to put your truck on a diet

My truck is 7000 in street clothes, 6500 in full race trim.

...and the lightning guys brag about their trucks being fast and heavy at 4500-5000#'s

Edited by: mtomac

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey trippin,

how much power was your truck making when you ran those times? If I recall at dyno day it was making 430ish?? Did you step it up? NExt time you go up there, let me know. I have wanted to take my truck to the track and see what it does. I have taken it out to the street races a couple times, and when they wont race one of our cars, i hit em up with the tow truck. They are still scared!

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ghettosled said:
hey trippin,

how much power was your truck making when you ran those times? If I recall at dyno day it was making 430ish?? Did you step it up? NExt time you go up there, let me know. I have wanted to take my truck to the track and see what it does. I have taken it out to the street races a couple times, and when they wont race one of our cars, i hit em up with the tow truck. They are still scared!

Those times were with a "Bad Attitude" (level 5) + Duramaxamizer (set to max) + Fass pump. (The Quad was in for an update)

My best at the Dyno Day was 429/774. "Bad Attitude" (level 5) + Quad 215.

After the Dyno Day I added the Fass and the Duramaxamizer but have not been back to the dyno to perfect a combination.

It would be cool to hook up at the track. I'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeh, i'm doing the extreme, a fuel system and probably nitrous in favor of the propane. Probably sell the duramaximizer, since i think the fuel pump will handle that portion.

Let me know. I'm always down for some racing. Joel the other lifted truck from dyno day would like to go also. He lives off sand canyon and the 14.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ghettosled said:
Joel the other lifted truck from dyno day would like to go also. He lives off sand canyon and the 14.

10 minutes away from my house. Does he use Vasquez Canyon as a test track like I do?Edited by: Trippin

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not sure about Vasquez canyon, but we have been known to make some late night trips to san fernando road. There is more rubber under the bridge then the starting line at palmdale.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.