Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has an annoying rattle coming from the dash. It's somewhere near the gauges or top of dash where the windshield meets. I've tried pushing on it, hitting it, no luck. Only happens while I'm at idle. Anyone else have this problem? Can you tell me where to look to fix it? :help:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Check everything

I had one also, I swore it came from the dash. DW was with me one day and she thought it was coming from the radar detector hanging on the windshield. No way, says I. She grabbed the radar detector, rattle stopped. Moral of story, wifes are never wrong, and get someone else in car in other side to listen also.

Now with that said, a lot of times it is just a wire bundle connector hanging loose up there and they may be the culprit. I don't know how limber you are, but you may have to get down to "rearrange" the stuff to see if it quits.

LOL

·
Registered
897 Posts
If it rattles all the time you should be able to find it. The rattles that are intermediate or only happen at certain conditions that are the worse to find. Just let the truck idle and start touching, moving things till you find it

·
Registered
429 Posts
Also check for anything vibrating against the firewall in the engine compartment. The firewall can really amplify things.

Josh

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've got one too. It is more to the left side near the a piller. It is intermittent. Driving me crazy full time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts