Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone driven the new 08 lmm, trying to compare my 05 w/hypertech on stage one, I think the 08 is about the same

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
has anyone driven the new duramax, I am considering trading mine in after the begining of the year, any opinions, I have a 05 2500 cc sb 4x4

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have an 05 with some mods and love it. I considered an 08 but equipped the same as my 05 LT it was over 50K sticker. I love the new interior, the way it drives and it seems quieter and built better. The new 08s are not really mod friendly. I happen to like the look of the classic trucks better, though I like the LMM GMC better than Chevy. Tough to say what I would do. If I had the $$ I would probably get a new truck but it would be hard to justify getting rid of a great truck. I just decided to spend 2K and extend my Warranty.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
My Dad has had one for about 3 mos now. It's unbelievable how quiet they are. You'd swear you were driving a gasser until you get on it. Ride seems to be improved. There seems to be alot less flex in the chassis, and there is less bounce than his 2004.5. I'd say it compares to my 03 with Edge on level one as far as performance. The interior is REAL nice. It's like sitting in a Cadillac. If I could afford to, I would trade for a new one in a minute. I haven't towed with it, but he towes a 20k lb 6 horse trailer with it, and says there is no comparison while towing.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have an 05 with some mods and love it. I considered an 08 but equipped the same as my 05 LT it was over 50K sticker. I love the new interior, the way it drives and it seems quieter and built better. The new 08s are not really mod friendly. I happen to like the look of the classic trucks better, though I like the LMM GMC better than Chevy. Tough to say what I would do. If I had the $$ I would probably get a new truck but it would be hard to justify getting rid of a great truck. I just decided to spend 2K and extend my Warranty.

What are the qualifications to extend the warranty as you describe? How long is this extended warranty extend over the factory 5 year 100K mile engine warranty? I have an LLY 2004.5.

Thanks for any information

·
Registered
147 Posts
I shopped online and found some good deals.

Motor is warranteed 5yr/100K but my main concern was the tranny/Transfer case and driveline which was only good for 3/36

Some prices were as follows...

Warranty Direct...
4 years 48K Powertrain.....$1640

GM factory
4 years 48K Powertrain $1599

Premire Plus through my local Dealership with $100 deductable
was the best deal and what I went with..

4 years 48K bumper to Bumper
Brings me to Dec.24, 2011 or 78K
Transferrable or pro-rated refund
Rental car
towing up to $100

$1799.

Limping the tranny would cast me double that.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought the 08 had 5/100 bumper to bumper that is the reason I was thinking of going new again

·
Registered
147 Posts
I thought the 08 had 5/100 bumper to bumper that is the reason I was thinking of going new again
The 07 and up have the 5-100

My 05 has 5-100 motor and 3-36 bumper-bumper including trans

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so the new one does everything for the 100000?

·
Registered
147 Posts
so the new one does everything for the 100000?

Don't go and buy one and say Mike told you it's 5-100K bumper to bumper, but I am pretty sure it is. I am sure you could check the GM web site or someone else can confirm. GM states 5 year 100K on almost all vehicles, I know the ZO6 is excluded, Diesels sometimes have a different warranty. Dodge now has a Lifetime warantee but it excludes Diesels.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Chevy and GMC are 3/36000 bumper to bumper for 2008. There is no 5/100,000 bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My bad. It looks like its 5/100 powertrain on 07 and up Includes trans. My 05 is 5/100 motor. 3/36 bumper to bumper and trans

1 - 12 of 12 Posts