Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the rules and classes for Muncie??? Are drugs allowed in the open class, injectors allowed in the street class???? Stuff like that is what i'm looking for. Just getting all my shtuff together and seeing what has to be done. Latert Jeremy

·
Registered
716 Posts
Last years....

7200# & 8000# Pro-Stock
No hanging weights
No blocked or solid suspension.
DOT street legal tires (no chains or studs)
26" hitch height (No under bed pulling hitches)
No Nitrous, Propane or Water injection, limited to one turbo charger.
Start with tight chain, no jerking
Must have current plate w/ registration

7200# & 8000# Open Class
26" Hitch Height
Run what you brung

They don't look too picky. Can't tell if their the same for 04 though. I've never seen rules with no injectors in the street class. Well, unless it is like street stock or somthing stupid they really want stock trucks. But at muncie they won't have that. So put them injectors in.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Jeremy, I dont think injectors matter, but I believe in the pro-stock class the turbo is limited to an hx40. Also, the scales at Muncie last year seemed to be about 150-200lbs light. I think this is so all the dually's can be in the 7200lb class. Cant wait!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just the info i was looking for. I'm getting everything in order this winter so i'm not scramblin in May to get things done. Can't wait, should be a great road trip, as long as nothing breaks
Later Jeremy

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I look forward to being at the Muncie show this year. You'll likely find me hangin in the Tomac camp.

Jeremy, lemme know when your ready for injectors, might be up for a road trip to Canada

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just found this over at TDR,
This year Thunder in Muncie will be totally sanctioned by the DHRA. The pulls and drags. The show will have a different way about it, but will be better for the fan and competitor. This program will be what the DHRA uses for the 2005 series.

The DHRA Sled pulling rules are currently not up but it says they should be anytime now. DHRAonline.com

This also looked interesting, Sounds like Thunder in Muncie might not be at Muncie. The guy that owns the track wants to charge like 5 times what he has previously.TDR POST

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I'd like to see them move it to Dragway 42.

Close to home.

The drag strip should be ok for trucks, I know 160mph and the chute wrapped up in the wheelie bars the shutdown area was REAL short.

My skid marks from taking the corner at 50mph were there for years

·
Registered
716 Posts
Well i guess I should have looked closer as that post was up before I posted the link to the one that said it may not be there.

Anyway, What hotel are you all stayin at? There is like 6 in muncie. I don't know how soon they will fill up.

Still waiting on the DHRA rules to be up.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what i gather, no drugs allowed in any class, but injectors are allowed in the street class. Oh well, have to save the laughing gas for the pavement. Later Jeremy

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey all,

I am working on getting things updated. The pulling rules are final, waiting for the webmaster to re format them and put them up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just made reservations at the Days Inn in Muncie.They still got some rooms left.Just wanted to let anyone planning on going know.These rooms will fill up fast.I found out the hard way last year.If anyone books there,let me know, maybe we can all get together .

·
Registered
133 Posts
eric any other way i can get the rules ? everytime i go to download it on the above link it locks up my computer....

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Any good campgrounds around there in case I put the truck camper on.

BTW I wonder how much that will slow down my 1/4 mile times

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Tim, there is a campground pretty close. It is about 4 miles from the pulls and maybe 15 or so from the strip. It was a pretty reasonable price to. Dont remember the name. Do a search for campgrounds around Gaston, IN.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Eric- Are Timbrens allowed instead of the factory bump stops when pulling????? http://www.truckspring.com/timbren/timbren_info.asp

I have them installed in my truck and was wondering if they would be allowed or do i have to take them out for Muncie. They still compress and have prolly at least 2-3 inches of travel when weight is placed on the rear of the truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.