Diesel Place banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gotcha, I just wonder what they fix like a power supply, some kind of broken solder connection.... just curious. Can someone educate me when they repair/rebuild an FICM what exactly they are doing. The guy who scanned my codes when My truck was doing similar told me it was Definitely the FICM b cause the codes he got were all from one bank of injectors Or something like that he was a mechanic at a stealership too! Thank God I kept looking and found those two ground wires below FICM on side of block.They were tight but rusty, removed them cleaned the connection up with some 300 grit sand paper and been good since and it’s been a year plus so... But he also told me the FICM could not be swapped from another truck and it had to be brought to dealership to have it flashed using my vin etc?!? But That’s wrong too, so prettty much threw away the money I paid him To diagnose as Everything he said was incorrect!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Some or all GM ECM's arrive uncoded. The mechanic likely confused the ECM and FICM modules. Diagnosing LLY fuel injection issues on the spot isn't so easy either. Appears to me that the Bosch FICM is standalone and doesn't communicate faults to the ECM. My $4k scanner at work doesn't even know there's a FI module on the LLY. Probably about right for 2005 technology. Good catch on the bad ground!

41 - 42 of 42 Posts