Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who removed his muffler on a Power Stroke Ford and he claims it increased his fuel mileage by 2 mpg. He is running a straight pipe where the muffler use to be.

Has anyone out there tried this on a Duramax and will it void the warranty if you do?

I was thinking of adding an Extreme Muffler but I am not too sure about running a straight pipe. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I see your in CA.

If you ever down in this part of town, a straight pipe is a sure way to get a quick ticket...... too loud and the police will pick you out of a crowd in a second...

IMHO, go with a performance straight thru muffler....

·
Registered
37 Posts
blinky your exactly right with a straight pipe you can really here the noise outside the cab. I don't know what the restrictions are on the left cost, but I do know that they are strick.

Gibson make a pretty good cat back system thats fairly cheap and sounds good.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have been straight piped since 400 miles on the truck, it is not loud at all, kind of dissapointing, and have had no warranty issues..they thought it sounded cool. Most police officers like trucks, not ricers.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I had mine straight piped....It WAS cool at first. Then got annoying
. I put a Kennedy exhaust on it and believe it or not I felt more bottom end power than when I was just piped.....
I didn't like the way it was towing (noise). I'd spend the $$$$ and get a system. I am getting my second DMAX in two weeks....I will have another exhaust system on that ASAP!

My 2 cents....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts