Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a post earlier that mentioned only changing to an aftermarket flow-through muffler (like MBRP or MAGNAFLOW), but leaving the rest of the system stock. Would there be any performance gain, or more importantly to me, any kind of decrease in EGTs?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
i am also wondering this, dont really want to spend alot of money on new exhaust, dont do too much pulling or playing. my truck is my baby, just want a little better sound and maybe a gain in mpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes it should help lower EGT's, because that stock muffler is restrictive. You could probably just get rid of the muffler period by straight piping it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to do that, but my wife is a frequest driver and she wouldn't "appreciate" the sound quite as much as I would.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
I sent you a PM check it out....

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i ran my truck with the cat and muffler...then took off the muffler and ran it with just the cat and it was not much louder at all...can barely tell inside if at all...sounds a little louder outside...and then take the cat off as well and add a mbrp muffler and it is pretty quiet...little quieter than a gasser with a flowmaster...then take off the muffler and the cat and OH YEA!....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.