Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching an aftermarket muffler. I thought I would pass this on for anyone doing the same.

Flowmaster 40 Series
The Flowmaster Series 40 offers throaty idle quality with a sharp crackle when the engine is revved. This muffler is LOUD. Cabin resonance is unacceptable for lengthy journeys. Great sound for the around town shorter trips

Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow
The Flowmaster Series 40 Delta flow is slightly muffled compared to the 40 series. Offers throaty idle quality with a sharp crackle when the engine is revved. This muffler is loud. Cabin resonance is unacceptable for lengthy journeys. Great sound for the around town shorter trips

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Flowmaster 50 Series</H1>
The Flowmaster Series 50 is the Series 40 in a pillow. The Series 50 offers a soft, throaty idle. When you rev the engine, it remains soft. No cabin noise at cruise.

In general all the Flowmasters have a harsher, crisper sound. Perfect is you want loud.

The Delta line comes in each numbered series. They are quieter then the straight numbered series.

Flowmaster 50 Series SUV, slightly quieter than the 50 series, louder than the delta series.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/sound.html?id=VvArjzUY

Ravin’
The Ravin’ muffler, looks similar to a Flowmaster muffler in jet black. Inside, the Ravin’ is nothing like a Flowmaster. Exhaust flows through a "Z-Wave"-baffled design that makes the Ravin’ a muffler that delivers one of the most aggressive sounds.
<A href="http://www.goravin.com/snds.html" target="_blank">http:

·
Registered
238 Posts
The Dynomax Super Turbo is a baffled muffler. The UltraFlow is a straight through design.

Jess

·
Registered
861 Posts
they are all to quiet. hell my 4 in straight piped exhaust is way to quiet

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
You forgot the no muff aproach

I've got a JK 4"-5" exhaust and I ditched the muffler. Inside the truck with the windows up it is very quiet at a cruise, even heavier throttle it aint very loud inside. On the highway you can barley hear it unless you ar running 80 and then it starts to get loud. Even at lite throttle 2500rpm or so it starts to scream
(about 80)

With the windows down it is much louder especially bouncing off buildings and such.

Outside....not much louder at idel but pretty deep. I'm pretty sure most traffic finds it loud.
I do get lotsa looks even if I aint on it

I'm pretty sure that towning heavy, long would get annoying though

Mufflers!? We dont need no stinking mufflers!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
My truck has the stock system with a stock 3.5" straight pipe (actually a "s" curve). I had my wife drive it around the neighborhood after I changed all the fluids. It compares in loudness with my 1994 350 with dual glass packs. My 6.0L with the 70 Series Flowmaster was much louder with a head throbbing resonance in the cab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts