Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i do mild off roading but i spend most of my time in the city or highway. how good are mud terrains because i am looking at getting some in the near future.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
well the last set that i had i got 42k on them and could of gone longer this set has 33k on them and are looking just as good if not better so if you can keep them rotated every 5k or so they will last you if not stick with the A/T they are a little more forgiving

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd stick with at's. If you don't keep up on the rotation then mt's will get loud and cup and not last long. At's are good off road too in my opinion

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I'd stick with at's. If you don't keep up on the rotation then mt's will get loud and cup and not last long. At's are good off road too in my opinion

I agree. I've had BFG MTs and if you don't rotate at least every 5000 miles they will wear fast. I let mine go to almost 10000 and they were worn so bad I couldn't rotate them or the steering wheel would shake too badly. I love the looks of the MTs but I now have BFG ATs and they work just as good for the little I am off road.

·
Registered
960 Posts
If you have to go with a M/T, the Toyo Open Country M/T's are supposed to be a great, long-lasting (as far as M/T's go) tire. But I have to agree with above, you may want to stick with a good A/T. I don't care what some people say, if you spend most of your time on the road, you'll drive yourself nuts with the noise. There are several A/T tires that get very high marks from a lot of people such as the BFG All-terrain KO, Toyo Open Country A/T, Pirelli Scorpion ATR, and Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor.

You can check out a great survey on tirerack.com.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
I just got a set of Toyo M/T's and love them so far. I had Cooper STT's like Jdugie123 runs and really liked them too. They need rotated often like he said,otherwise they go fast.

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think any tire you get needs rotating every 5000 miles or so. i just wanted to see if buying mud terrains would be a good idea. right now i may be sticking with a/t though

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
i think any tire you get needs rotating every 5000 miles or so. i just wanted to see if buying mud terrains would be a good idea. right now i may be sticking with a/t though

yes this is true but with a mud you need to to make sure you do it you can get away with being 1000 over with muds you would need to make sure you are with in a 100 or so

1 - 8 of 8 Posts