Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am wondering where and what kind of mudflaps I should get. I need help. I have seen a few chevy's with them on them but I dont know who has the best deals and the best flaps. Info and Pics would really help. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I've got the Husky brand splash guards on all 4 wheels. THey're the hard, black plastic type. Look OEM to me, fit perfectly and can be painted if desired. Work fine for my needs. Pics in my garage.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where to order from and how much $$$$??????

Thanks man.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I heard that duraflaps are the way to go. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
...and I think they're like $50 for all 4.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
These are a set of cloud riders.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had my local auto-goodies store install four of these. They are make of 3/8-inch thick rubber and have stainless-steel "Chevy" cutouts. The cost was about $190 installed.

I really like them.

Steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have DuraFlaps on my truck and like them very much. I posted pictures here but don't know how to give you a link back to my reply with the pics. The flaps were $199 shipped for front and backs with the stainless steel weights. They are a no drill installation and I was able to do them in about 15 to 20 min each and I am not real mobile, flexible or particularly handy anymore. www.duraflap.com is where you can see them. The owner Dennis is very helpful and will give you a 10% discount if you mention the Diesel Place forum.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine were less than $40 in parts. Some welding and paint and your done. They mount on my hitch with a collar I made. So they work great and are removable. Check my garage for morfe pics.
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've got Duraflaps and like them alot. They stay down and keep the crap off the truck. There about $200.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
i strongly dislike the molded plastic variety. scuff paint.

i'm currently running without any, but i'll swing by the truck shop one of these days and pick up some 'cut to fit' flat rubber/plastic ones and use some selftapping screws.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
fredrick-

those look perfect. exact look i'm going for. just don't want to drop that kind of coin.

i'll look this thread up and post pics when i get mine all done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I used the duraflap as well. Good flaps, but spendy!! On my old truck I bought the Deezee diamond plate, then went to Schucks and found a rubber flap I liked, then riveted the rubber below the diamond plate. Looks and works great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts