Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get some mud flaps for our new truck, an '04, white crew cab with chrome nerfs. Any recomendations on what would keep the paint chips away well and look good on this combo? Edited by: srode

·
Registered
220 Posts
srode said:
<font size="1">Wanting to get some mud flaps for our new truck, an '04, white crew cab with chrome nerfs. Any recomendations on what would keep the paint chips away well and look good on this combo? </font>
I have the GM "bowtie" splashguards (I wouldn't
consider them mudflaps as such).

I have a white 2wd, not a lifted 4wd though. Here's
some pics;
Splashguards

hth,

T.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have Putco stainless steel flaps on my dually. They have the small stainless trim on the lower portion of the flex rubber bottoms as well. I like the looks of 'em, and the work well.

Kevin

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put 4 Husky mud flaps on my '04 Silverado last weekend. They install easily (except the back ones, which require removal of the rear wheels unless you have a 90-degree power drill).

So far I'm very happy with the quality and performance of the flaps. I also have Husky floor liners in the front, and they keep everything off the carpet.

Good quality products at reasonable prices.

Chris in NC

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have the husky mud flaps. NCMax is right, removing the rear wheels was not fun but I had to do it. I like the look of the husky flaps and they do a good job for me of keeping the mud and rocks off the truck. Mine have no logo.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I made some Huskie extensions from large truck mudflaps ...

without the extensions, spray from the front wheels would hit the middle of the truck near the doors. I also installed running boards for more protection as well.

Edited by: jbplock

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess Husky's seem to be a pretty good choice from all the response, look about the same as the GMs. Thanks for all the responses. Any suggestions on a good place to get the Husky's? I assume the GM ones come from a dealer. Edited by: srode

·
Registered
772 Posts
I like the Huskys. I've had them almost a year and a half and they still look new. Oh, and the right angle drill adapter sure makes life easier. Space was still tight, but I jacked up on the hitch receiver and lifted the body away from the tire enough to get in there with no problem.

TC

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Had the Huskys on my '02 before GM Accessories came out with their molded flaps. Put the GM's on my '03. The GM's are easier to install (no drilling) and use existing holes in the wheelwells. I like the bowtie too.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The best price I could find for the Husky brand was $24.95 for 2 front and $24.95 for 2 rear from:

Automotive Accessories Connection Inc.

5161 Warner Road

Garfield Heights, 44125

UNITED STATES

Phone: (888)425-2885, Fax: (216)441-9127

On edit: http://www.accessconnect.com/custom_molded_mud_guards.htm

Edited by: DMAX2DAMAX

·
Registered
170 Posts
Minn-kota,

How exactly do the GM one's attach to the truck?? Im looking for something to protect my truck but do not want to drill.

Bob

·
Registered
747 Posts
bowtiebob,

I think the GM flaps/guards mount with adhesive and use of existing holes. I have ordered the GM's and the husky's. I am going to then decide which ones I like best. I am leaning toward the GM's because I don't really want to take a drill to "the bus" just yet.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
If you look at the wheelwells you will see existing holes. No adhesive is used. Very easy and quick to install. The rear's can be put on without removing the tire as well since no drill is needed.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Minn-Kota said:
If you look at the wheelwells you will see existing holes. No adhesive is used. Very easy and quick to install. The rear's can be put on without removing the tire as well since no drill is needed.

Be careful though, and measure the existing factory holes in the wheel wells. When I put my flaps on I assumed the holes would be identical on both sides of the truck...Wrong! One side was almost a full inch higher than the other.
I noticed this only after I had already drilled the SS flaps and mounted them.

Oh well, it's not that noticible...Except to me!

Kevin

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the Huskys and wasn't to pleased with the looks of them. The rear ones have a fat look to them that I just couldn't get used to. I switched to Kaydenco flaps. Way better coverage and in my opinion better looking.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
MOTO HEAD said:
I had the Huskys and wasn't to pleased with the looks of them. The rear ones have a fat look to them that I just couldn't get used to. I switched to Kaydenco flaps. Way better coverage and in my opinion better looking.

Ditto.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Me Too !! They cost more, but much better quality.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the OEMs on a CC SB with as close to 245's as possible, preferrably without nerfs. I really like the looks of my truck w/o them, but know I must put flaps on to keep it looking sharp for the long run.

Bob

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I got my Husky's at Farm/Fleet when they closed $10/set.

But in the sloppy clay mud I still get it throwed everywhere.

I don't have a better pic w/ me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts