Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following a link from this site, I went ahead and purchased a set of mud flaps from DuraFlap. Haven't really checked out the instalation instructions yet. But seems they just have 3 little bolts for each side bolting directly to the fiberglass fender on the truck.

The truck I have is a 2006 1-Ton Dually Crew Cab 4x4 Long Bed with the Duramax/Allison. Has anybody ever had any problems with this setup? I'm sure the mudflaps must be designed to rip away before doing any damage to the fender, but just thought I'd ask!

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had an experience with these on my last dually. Let me first say that the Duraflap is the best mud flap to buy...

Second, the PLASTIC fender gives way before the mudflap. I know from experience... The plastic is brittle and not forgiving...

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Just wanted to second that to Duraflap---I have them on my '06 3500SRW with ''CHEVY"" etched in the stainless--they really dress up my ride.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Installed the " drilless" rear Duraflaps on my 07 Classic 3500 Dually.....there is a custom made bracket for the 3500 ...uses existing bolts with clips included for attatching to edge of fender using factory holes.......I'm real happy with the quality and looks of the Dura-Flaps.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Duraflaps are great mudflaps. If you have any questions just call Dennis and I'm sure he'd answer any questions you have. They are a mom/pop shop and have great customer service. Also mention this forum and I think you get a 10% discount.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
any good mudflaps for SRW trucks with wider tires than stock?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have duraflap custom flaps (drill less) both front and rear on my 03. These people are great to work with. They sent me a cardboard pattern of a stock mudflap, along with mounting instructions and hardware which I bolted on and measured, then emailed the alterations to them. When the flaps arrived, they fit exact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts