Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of getting some mud flaps. I have read various comments about fender mounted versus frame mounted. To me, the frame mounted (with a bracket) seems like it would be sturdier. Does anyone have any experience with the Street Scene line sold at StylinConcepts. The price seems reasonable. The units have a bracket to keep them from sailing as well. The Street Scene manufacturers web site has more info, but not much on how the unit actually mounts w/o requiring drilling. I assume this mounts to the frame.

Are there any other better options? I want to keep mud and rocks off the front of my travel trailer. I don't have too much to spend. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've been looking at what's available as well since the Dooleys will really pepper a trailer, not to mention their own rocker panels.

My old truck had DeeZee flaps which look a lot like those Street Scene flaps and worked well, but DeeZee doesn't make them to fit the new trucks, no mounting kit. So I've been looking and decided after talking to the folks at Kaydenco (who I learned about on this site from other members), that they are the ones I'm going to order. They are about the same price as the ones you've listed and have frame mounting with anti-sail features. You may want to take a look at: http://www.kaydenco.com/Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking at the Kaydenco, but those all look to be fender mounted. Do they have a bracket that mounts to the frame just like the Street Scenes? On the Kaydenco web site, the installation page doesn't say anything about frame mounted brackets. Did I miss it?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Ya their web site doesn't have very good pictures of the setup. If you look at the installation directions it's a little better. What I did was to e-mail them about the kit since I absolutely did not want any type of mount that involved the fiberglass fender extensions.

I got a very quick and friendly reply and they even sent me some pictures of the installed flaps and showing the mount better. Drop them an e-mail, or call them and ask some questions and whether or not they have some better pictures of the install for your application. They are a touch more money, but shipping is included in the price right now. I suppose it's possible they have a different mounting system for the SRW trucks, but since I didn't need that flap I didn't ask if those were frame mounted as well. It might also depend on which model you select whether or not they are frame or body mounted.

I'd send you the pictures I have, but since they are for a Dooley, they wouldn't be the same.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have these mud flaps. They're great. The easiest installation you can imagine. Two 1/4 bolts on the rear of the fender well near the bottom. That's it. Very, very sturdy and well worth the bucks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RV Guy said:
I have these mud flaps. .. Very, very sturdy and well worth the bucks.
Are you referring to the Kaydenco or the Street Scenes? I'm assuming the latter. Thanks for the clarification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts