Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from desert trip(San Diego to Ocotillo-District 38 area). MPG same trip last year with stock truck,towing toyhauler, was 10.2 mpg. Edge/Att set at 1/5 and 35" tires DIC read 13.2 mpg uncorrected for tires. Attitude set to warn when hit 70mph(corrected for tire size), speedo reads 62mph. Toyhauler was fully loaded: 4 Dirtbikes, 100gallons of H2O, etc.etc. Needless to say I'm extremely pleased!!Anyone else notice same improvement after such mods? Truck has 18,000 miles on 'er.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
my truck get about 9.5 to 10 MPG doing about 80 pulling a 26' enclosed trailer packed to the hilt with quads bikes gas and all sorts of other things...thought i'd get worse milage...i keep my edge on 3 though so i can walk away from my buddys that are behind me...just for fun

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keep my speed down 55-60mph while towing, 62 mph speedo, actually doing 70mph w/o load....yea I'm an old guy!!! "Law and Order every Time"- Turkey Creek Johnson-LOL

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
ya this season i'm going to see what kind of milage i can get if i slow it down to 70...hopefully increase by 1 or 2 if not back up to 80...my buddys still can't believe how fast the truck can move with that much weight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts