Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polished my truck today for first time. Man an it shines and is slippery, enough to improve MPG, I think. LOL

·
Registered
668 Posts
I thought it was just me, but my truck always runs better with as wash. Better gas mileage and faster acceleration. It's awesome.

:lol:

·
Registered
668 Posts
For what its worth I had mine sealed the first week I got it. Best money I ever spent. I 've done five vehicles with the same guy. No waxing they guarantee it for fives years.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of wax did you use?
Turtle Wax Carnauba Car Wax. My daughter gave me couple bottles of it when I bought the truck so thought I'd try it. Goes on easy and is cheap. Usually use Nu Finish and it seems to work good. I'm not after a glass lookung finish, just something to make it easier to wash. Have a 95 Buick Roadmaster that has never been polished. It shines like new. Polished my last truck (88 Chev) 3-4 times a year and it lost its lustre in about six years.I'm going to try to avoid any polish with abrasive materiel in it so the clear coat doesn't get scratched to fast.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For what its worth I had mine sealed the first week I got it. Best money I ever spent. I 've done five vehicles with the same guy. No waxing they guarantee it for fives years.

We had an 81 cadilac and had it sealed by the dealer. Ruined the paint job and after a big fight the dealer repainted the car, did a lousy job on it to. His people liked to use the buffing wheeel and left swirl marks deep in the paint, both prior to appling the so called sealant and the n again after they repainted it.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Okay Bill, time for you use a digital camera and fill your garage on this site. :D

:nopics:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts