Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to improve the Mileage on my D/A setup. I've done all the initial things like K&N, Installed e-fans for cooling, Synthetic oil all around.

I tried a Diablo Predator. It sure made my computer think the truck was getting great MPG but the hard math told truth, there was simply no difference w/or w/o the tunes. (Light foot to boot in all cases).

Does anyone have any suggestions for a chip, programmer, propane etc...that will help with the MPG's.

I'd love to be able to turn real 20's or even 19. But for now it's consistently 15, 16.

Thanks, Eric.

·
Registered
958 Posts
with the big tires on, when cruising at ~60mph my DIC will read out about 18mpg. With the 90hp juice plugged in it was reading 20-22mpg instead of 18. Didn't have it in long enough to tell if it was true or not, I was just borrowing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the Quad in my truck now for about 3 tanks. My MPG increased about 2 MPG. Unfortunately that's from 14.5 to 16.5. The first tank there was no difference (I wonder why
) I never seem to get good mileage like others do. I always do manual calculations and I don't have a lead foot with mostly 10-12 mile trips to and from town.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm getting 15 and don't do much highway driving at all and have had my foot in it a LOT with the juice on level 4 other than that the trucks is bone stock except BFG's 265's. I see no reason why i won't be getting high teens on the highway with my setup. I'm getting the same mileage with and without the juice but got a lot more pep in the truck now so i'm happy.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I actually saw a light drop in mileage with my Predator, even though I was careful and drove normally. So I went back to stock, but keep it handy in the truck for those times I want to play.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Gsxr,

What are you running for dragbikes? I ran topgas in Prostar for three years. Back then if I let it fly I would run in the 7.70s @ 174 on gas only.

·
Registered
29 Posts
if I have it on the 65 program and dont romp on it I get b/w 17 and 18 around town if Im hard on it allt the time I get b/w 15 and 16 and at 65 hp on the road I get 19 to 21 depending on average speed b/w 70 to 85 thats with exhaust KnN 285 75 16's and thats using a calc not the computer to figure the milage if I run the 120 hp I get about 15 around town

·
Registered
812 Posts
How many miles do you have on the truck? At 21k, I'm averaging about 18 real mpg daily driving. Wife with the light foot gets about 20 mpg. It just keeps getting better....

·
Registered
29 Posts
turned 10,000 today

1 - 9 of 9 Posts