Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm getting some weird MPG readings doing hand calculations. Little history, took the truck in for Surging update. Got it back , then same day installed Edge EZ (Thanks DPPI for the price and service).

I just filled up for the second time, 1/3 mixed city, 1/3 highway and 1/3 stop and go traffic. For the second tank in a row, I'm getting 17MPG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to always get 14.95-15.4 (ok, i'm anal). The new MPG includes me running EZ on level 2, and admittedly, I sometimes put my foot down. I'm driving the same areas, same missions, and other than occassionally stomping it to get a grin on my face or to get into a hole in traffic, nothing else has changed. Don't stare at the Tach either to keep below 2K RPM either.

Don't know if it was the Surge update or the EDGE, but I'm smiling all the time now.

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Wow that sounds pretty good. I may have to look into the EZ. I'm getting about 15 w/ my setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
geeze i was getting 17-19 mpg then out of the blue im only getting 14-15 if im lucky abd nothings changed on my end and the trucks all stock:help2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
j land, same thing happend to me. MPG droped way down, only thing I can think of is the winter blend fuel? Or possibly the cold weather? don't know otherwise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've had many things affect MPG on both vehicles. So I know it is not just the truck.
Conditioners
Biodiesel
Winter fuel

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm 100% stock and getting 19 on the road and 14.5 city. Not sure what is really good but I am satisified. 2004.5
Towing 8000 I get 12 at 60.
:grd:

·
Registered
23 Posts
fuel mileage

My 05 compleatly stock 4X4 short bed crewcab usually runs 15.5 mpg. Saturday went from Farmington NM to Cortez Co. then Durango Co.and back to Farmington. Fueled up and figured mileage - 17.5mpg
hand calculated it again still 17.5... We are running winter fuel up here
no reason for increase... no changes...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts