Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some 315/75/16's I want put on my truck. I have 16 8's with a 4" backset ( i think). I had one mounted and it rubs a little on the bumper. I have already done the innerfender trimming and that won't be an issue. I am considering moving out the bumper as some people have done. It would be easier to just cut the bumper but I'm not sure I want to cut it. Does anyone who has moved out their bumper have any pics they could post? I'm not sure how good it would look with it moved out. I would appreciate any input and/or opinions. Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
GU3ELECTRIC;1599452; said:
I've got some 315/75/16's I want put on my truck. I have 16 8's with a 4" backset ( i think). I had one mounted and it rubs a little on the bumper. I have already done the innerfender trimming and that won't be an issue. I am considering moving out the bumper as some people have done. It would be easier to just cut the bumper but I'm not sure I want to cut it. Does anyone who has moved out their bumper have any pics they could post? I'm not sure how good it would look with it moved out. I would appreciate any input and/or opinions. Thanks.
some one has already posted a thread on this and had pics too. the instructions were pretty good and step by step seemed to be helpful . try the search button see what ya can find. or try the do it yourself articles ya might find it there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have looked before but didn't find any pics of the final product, like a side view of the new offset of the bumper to the fender. I will look again and see if I can find one. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Easier to cut in my opinion and then you don't have to worry about the bumper sitting awkward if you don't align it right.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i had to cut my bumper when i put on my lift. i measured in 1 inch from the bottom of the chrome insert on the bumper and took a straight edge and drew a line from the upper corner of the chrome to the 1 inch mark. i took the line all the way down to the bottom of the airdam and made the cut with an air powered cutoff wheel. i covered the cut with a piece of chrome door trim till i have the $$$$ to get the bumper rechromed. looks good. it is barely noticable. my dad didnt see it and he is particular as hell about this stuff! took 20 minutes to do.

·
Registered
460 Posts
GU3ELECTRIC;1599452; said:
I had the same delemma until I saw someone selling new valences for $30 on Ebay.

I figure, that I'm going to take it off (8 or so bolts) and then take my time cutting it straight. Then like someone else posted before, heat it up good and bend it in somewhat. My plan is to keep it factory looking if I can.

If it doesn't work out, hell, I'll buy a new valence................
:grd: :rockit:

·
Registered
110 Posts
theres pics in my garage of my bumper thats cut and its starting to rust slightly i had no choice i bent mine into the tires when i hit a hole

·
Registered
190 Posts
I moved mine out but it's a GMC so the exterior is different however the process is the same! I actually welded tabs on my frame it was faster and easier to return to stock if need be! it will take about an hour or two! I do have pics of the tabs somewhere if u need! Z

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Cut imo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts