Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to add a steering stablizer to my 93 one ton. It didnt come as OE, and I have a wobble occasionally like a wheel is comming off. This only happens if I doing the just right speed on a few spots on a few roads I live close too and I thought this would stop it. Everything else checks out to be ok under there, nothing loose. The dealer wanted $800 for the mounting brackets...seems high to me, and looking on the internet I'm not finding any for a one ton...found some for a 1/2 ton. It shouldnt be this hard to find them I wouldnt think. I'm thinking I cant see the forest because of the trees here, anyone have any suggestions?

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
An off-road shop should be able to help you (ex. 4-Wheel Parts), it's should just be a 'universal' steering stablizer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
You guys must have better luck with the 4X houses in other places. I've been waiting for 3 to call me back since thurs (including 2 national chains)and not a single call. I finally found my way to the Moog website and they're shipping directly to me. Rancho would only deal with their suppliers (the ones that wouldnt call me back, including the one you mentioned Rttoys).

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
I hate calling them. If they are not too busy they'll help you fairly quick, but the 'I'll call you back' thing is a waste of time. I'd rather go in face to face and have an answer by the time I leave.
I'm glad you have one comming, should be an easy install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts