Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had 3 mechanics look at my pickup about this problem and i have not got an answer for it yet. while my pickup is idling it will rev up like you just hit the pedal and let off can anyone tell me why that is

·
LT. Dan
6,816 Posts
Also,

Do you have any mods on your truck? Please fill out your signature line so we know what truck you have and what you have done to it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Will need more details to be able to help you more. Most likely a fuel issue possible electronic control issue. The rev up is probably from extra fuel being added. My grandpas 01 would surge at idle about 4 times per minute. Changed the fpr and voila it was gone. The surge was only 100 to 200 rpms at most. How much is the rev up? Is it only at idle or while driving?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reread your post. That is similar to what i was describing. Need to check the fuel pressure while running....it at least is cheaper than injectors....the fpr isn't too hard to change

·
Registered
820 Posts
More-than-likely is the fuel pressure regulator. Fix it and you will be golden.

·
LT. Dan
6,816 Posts
FPRV would be my guess as well.

You could try adding a quart of walmart 2 stroke mix to the fuel and see if it cures it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
My brothers 05 cumins does the same thing. He had an Edge Juice on it too. We thought it was that but itsnot. Hes running stock and it still does it. Only does it once about 30 seconds after he starts the truck.Acts like you just matt the throttle and let off. He has taken it out 2 different diesel shops and cant figure it out either.

·
Registered
6,578 Posts
FPRV would be my guess as well.

You could try adding a quart of walmart 2 stroke mix to the fuel and see if it cures it.

What he said, I did that 6 years ago and it fixed mine, and I still occasionally throw in a quart to keep it lubed, or it tries to come back.

When the 2 stroke fails, I will spring for the reg.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.