Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a "Standard" to the amount of Hours per miles. I'm not sure that that makes sence, let me explain. I bought my Chevy Dmax with 61,000 miles on it, it has 1,600 hours. I was wondering if that is an above average, average, or below average amount of hours for that many Miles. I want to know this to get a picture of what kind of driving the previous owner did.

·
Registered
612 Posts
based upon previous threads, most folks seem to average less miles per engine hour than they expected to ... have seen figures run from the 30's up with the 50's being pretty rare .... makes sense that folks who allow their engines to idle a good bit (like in cold weather) usually have low numbers

Jim

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have found 100 hours usually corresponds to ABOUT 3000 miles.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Most of my new vehicles have been running about 35-38mph average over <10,000 miles.

Baloo, I think u are in the average range 38 mph.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What is the procedure to access the hours accummulated on an '02 Dmax? IIRC I saw a previous thread/post that referenced using the odometer/trip mile button in a certain sequence but it did't work for me. Maybe I didn't get the full story before?

I bought mine used with 43,000+ miles last June so it had piled on the mileage pretty quick - but all appears well so far.

Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
2 rig Bill

With the key off press and hold the trip odometer button down for about 3 or 4 seconds, it will then show your motor running hours.

Divide your miles by your hours and you will get your average miles per hours for the life of the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts