Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just woundering who has the most miles. I have 20k on mine know. I work at a dealer and we service a 01 dually with 456,000 :ro) miles on it. Oringinal tranny and engine. Pulls a 40' car trailer all over the country. His hour meter won't even register anymore it shows up in the tech 2 as some crazy decimal.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
sweet!!!! can you snap a picture of the odometer? i'd like to shove that in my cummins-friend's face!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next time the truck comes in I will do that By then it will probably be closer to 500k

·
Registered
293 Posts
How many sets of injectors has it had ?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's awsome!!!

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
AWESOME!!! Of course its still on the original drive train...its a Dmax!!

I think HD Rider had 491,000 on his when he sold it...but he was on his second engine I think ONLY because his injectors failed at 300,xxx and dumped so much fuel into the crankcase that it ruined the bearings. Otherwise hed still be on the original engine! Yeah Id love a pic of the odometer...ill save it for posting when a cummins dudecalls the dmax a throw away engine.

--Ben

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

Hey,

That is awesome. Seriously, how many sets of injectors has it gone through?

Also,

:nopics:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys I get injectors rebuilt all the time, a lot cheaper than new. Look into rebuilding next time your injectors fail.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hey guys I get injectors rebuilt all the time, a lot cheaper than new. Look into rebuilding next time your injectors fail.
I don't think you understand. When a Dmax injector fails, it pours fuel into the engine, either hydrolocking it (boom) or "watering down" the crankcase oil, which causes crank to bearing contact (screech, boom).

It's not like a gasser injector that just quits working.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
And in addition, the Bosch HPCR injectors and cores have been in short supply and pretty tightly held so far - dealers can't get new ones for waiting replacements. You can't just go to any parts house and "get some injectors rebuilt."

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
It's my understanding that changing the fuel filter regularly is the best insurance for our injectors. Is there anything else we can do to protect the injectors?

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
It's my understanding that changing the fuel filter regularly is the best insurance for our injectors. Is there anything else we can do to protect the injectors?
Secondary filtration.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
ehh im still not a complete beleiver in that theory...it cant hurt, but still there are trucks with no secondary filtration that have not gone thru any injectors, and then there are trucks who run secondary filtration up the wazoo and get failed injectors...

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Can't hurt - why not help?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
The cleaner the fuel the longer longevity for the entire fuel system.Specially the Bosch HP expensive systems in diesel today.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Make sure there is sufficient fuel lubricity and stability.

1. Add stanadyne performance formula or stanadyne lubricity formula additives.
2. Use b5 biodiesel blend fuel.

jeff

1 - 20 of 42 Posts