Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 245-285 range. What's the most aggressive highway speed rated tire. Has to work in snow and ice too,

Thanks,
Chad.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Michelin XDE

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have Goodyear G124's and they are pretty aggressive for a truck tire. They make more noise than the Toyo M/T's I had on my last truck. So far I like the G124's on snow, I also had them siped.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas, I was hoping for something a bit more aggressive. Anything else out there?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
A 19.5 inch tire is a commercial truck tire. It really isn't made for running on a pickup. Having said that, you will not see many tread designs with real aggressive tread patterns. I hope you like a bone jarring ride, because that is what you get with 19.5's. They have very stiff sidewalls that don't work well on a light truck. Also, you will hurt your pulling power, and you will eat brakes because of the added mass of these tires. I would stay with a tire that is made for Lt. Truck applications.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 19.5 inch tire is a commercial truck tire. It really isn't made for running on a pickup. Having said that, you will not see many tread designs with real aggressive tread patterns. I hope you like a bone jarring ride, because that is what you get with 19.5's. They have very stiff sidewalls that don't work well on a light truck. Also, you will hurt your pulling power, and you will eat brakes because of the added mass of these tires. I would stay with a tire that is made for Lt. Truck applications.
I can't help that ford puts 19.5's on f-450's!!

I have 305's goodyear mtr's and 305 bfg At's on my diesel, and 46x31x25's on my blazer. I'm reasonably well versed in tires, but in shopping for 19.5's for my ford (90% off road application) I can't seem to find anything that I would deem "off road" in 19.5's. I can find plenty of 20 inch and up off road tires, but I'm not about to have a custom set of wheels made up for the superduty.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
I can't help that ford puts 19.5's on f-450's!!

I have 305's goodyear mtr's and 305 bfg At's on my diesel, and 46x31x25's on my blazer. I'm reasonably well versed in tires, but in shopping for 19.5's for my ford (90% off road application) I can't seem to find anything that I would deem "off road" in 19.5's. I can find plenty of 20 inch and up off road tires, but I'm not about to have a custom set of wheels made up for the superduty.
Fine, be that way!

Michelin makes XML and XZL tires as per mil spec. Take a look on their site:ro)

·
Registered
10,516 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
dammitman

could you be anymore hateful?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sorry, Sorry, I didn't mean to sound hateful, I didn't realize that he was talking about a F-450. I guess I am programmed Duramax diesel and that is all I think about.
I think they have medication for that now. :)
That is going to be a tough one on that application. I don't know of anything off hand that would have a more aggressive tread than a GY G124. I suppose you could retread some tires and have what Michelin used to sell in a new tire, called an XM+S4. That was a straight up knobby tread that would dig through most stuff. Didn't wear real well, but sure had some bite.
Michelin has it's own retread process and they still make that tread for that. Might be a thought. Not real sure what you are using the truck for.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
Yeah, same links I found couple weeks ago!

Nice tires, but I STILL have 19.5's, not 20's.
They have R19.5's listed there. (psst look again)

click on the technical specs. Thought the 19.5s are recommended only to 55 mph but the size is on the site.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have R19.5's listed there. (psst look again)

click on the technical specs. Thought the 19.5s are recommended only to 55 mph but the size is on the site.
I promise you that in those links there aren't any 19.5's!

I saw a 550 with something similar to the XDL's on it, but I'm not sure who makes them or what size they were, but that's what I'm after.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
I promise you that in those links there aren't any 19.5's!

I saw a 550 with something similar to the XDL's on it, but I'm not sure who makes them or what size they were, but that's what I'm after.

Any other ideas?
HRMmmm.

what about contacting your local heavy truck tire store?

They know the biz better than anyone

·
Registered
433 Posts
Michelin XDE MS 245's

These handle the snow real well, and as you can see, clean out real good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts