Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody able to post the entire contents of this Document?
ID #1730759 #PIP3328C

Im looking for a reason why the manuals weren't included.......:(

Thanks
dan

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
probably because a manual trans loads the engine differently than the alli. Since they want field product reports filed for manuals, they maybe working on something for the manual

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably because a manual trans loads the engine differently than the alli. Since they want field product reports filed for manuals, they maybe working on something for the manual
Could you elaborate what you mean about "field product reports"???

My dealer doesnt want anything to do with my truck. he told me since I had Cooper 265/75-16 M/S tires, thats what was causing my surge, even after I said it surged worse before I put the tires on.... Then it was on to the 4"MBRP and so on.......

Short of the exhaust, and tires the truck is stock.

I just want the surge fixed, you know what I mean????

ps, have you ever tried a Colorado MP3 radio in one of our truck's yet??? :)

thanks!

dan ):h

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
A field product report is a detailed report about the vehicle and problem and then sent to GM eng. to work on.

I would imagine that your dealer really isnt a diesel repair friendly dealer if they dont want to mess with it.

Nope never tried a Colorado Radio. With XM radio, I dont even buy any CD's or download any music.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cobra do you access to the PI? If so, would you mind posting it? I didn't get to read it all when I was at the dealers....

thanks,
dan

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Diesel Engine Surge at 1100 to 1400 RPM - keywords calibration chuggle ECM idle software speed update #PIP3328C - (Nov 18, 2005)
Diesel Engine Surge At 1100 to 1400 RPM
2004-2005 Chevrolet Silverado

2004-2005 GMC Sierra

Equipped with the 6.6 LLY Duramax Diesel Engine

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
The customer concern may be an engine RPM surge at 1100 to 1400 RPM.

This condition will occur at slow speeds, and may be more noticeable when towing.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Complete the current SI diagnostics for any symptoms or DTCs set.
A new calibration has been released for a 1100 to 1400 RPM low speed surge.
If the 1100 to 1400 RPM surge has been duplicated, install the updated calibration and evaluate repairs.
Note: 2004-2005 6.6L Duramax Diesel equipped vehicles with a manual transmission are not included in the software update. If the 1100-1400 RPM surge is verified in a manual transmission equipped vehicle please submit a Field Product Report. Instructions for completing a Field Product Report can be found in bulletin number 02-00-89-002D.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 1730759

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Mike got it, I thought you had a copy already and just wanted some clarification on what might be going on, or I would have posted it for you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mike! Cobra, not a problem! I should have made my post clearer. I really appreciate both of you guys helping me out!!! :)

thank you again :ro)

dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts