Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 06 LBZ and I'm looking to up the boost/fuel in order to run a hotter tune on my PPE. I run #1 now, but I used to run #2. Before I cooked the tranny on #2 (Suncoast IV on order), I noticed that I still had to be careful of EGTs on #2 setting.

1) Has anyone got any experience with the PPE boost controllers? I'm looking for approx 30-40 lbs of boost (which PPE claims it can do).

2) Will I need to upgrade the fuel with the PPE boost controller?

Thanks in advance!
:)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The boost controller will help out alot, most will reccomend not exceeding 30psi with a stock turbo. If it were me id try to keep max boost between 28-30psi.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I bump it to 28-30 PSI will I need to add any more fuel, or are the stock pumps going to be able to handle it?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was running a FASS unit on my 04.5 Dodge and it worked great for me - is the SuperDiesel unit comparable?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I have a FASS 150 pump only unit on my '05, zero trouble...A lot of guys are running the SuperDiesel setup without any issues as well...I like that system because it's a clean install, boost activated and has a built-in bypass...

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Other options for lift pumps are the kits TTS and John Kennedy sell as well as the superdiesel kit.

Take a look at the sticky at the top of the page and doo some research on some older posts about adding boost to the LB7.

30 PSI of boost on stock fueling wont do ya crap. A lift pump set up dosnt add fueling.....it just helps supply added fuel when you add things like programers and such. Lift pumps by themselves arnt going to do crap realy.

edit: never mind...I miss read that you said LBZ not LB7. You need a electronic widget to controll bost on a LBZ. Or you could do it via programing(some chips or programers). I would look at doing it via programing first instead of via a add on widget.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
mtnmn;1557909; said:
I've got an 06 LBZ and I'm looking to up the boost/fuel in order to run a hotter tune on my PPE. I run #1 now, but I used to run #2. Before I cooked the tranny on #2 (Suncoast IV on order), I noticed that I still had to be careful of EGTs on #2 setting.
:)
I think a lift pump will help when this happens, don't you ratlover?

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I slightly misunderstood the guy and part of my talk of boost dosnt work and all that and such....I was slightly confusing as I was slighly confused. With lift pumps though.....

Mine ran fine on the lower settings. Joe said you could run #5 no lift pump if you have a fresh fuel filter on thier newest update. I just started playing with it in level 5 and need to do some more playing to determine if my truck has 0 issues. I didnt have any issues on my truck in level 3 though following actualy compared to commanded. Best thing is go run it and watch the rail. If the rail is holding with demand then lift pump wont make more power. Now......will a lift hurt? Nope. It may help in other small ways and I would recomend it if your getting a trans and going to turn up the wick furthur. But adding more power on the lower settings.....not realy needed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! :ro)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Good point Phil...Confusion has been de-confused ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
ratlover has a good point, instead of getting a boost stick you should sell the ppe in the classifieds and get efilive. With efilive you can add boost fuel timing and even mess with the egr. Yes, liftpumps will be needed eventually, id go with the fass 150 or maybe the edelbrock if money is tight. Also definately shim the fprv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.