Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well we spent the day at Jannetty's in Waterbury CT.

Mackin, Diesel Dragon, myself ran the TTS Xtreme against the Kent Moonshine, same day, same truck, same dyno.

We used the TECH II to lock Mackin & Diesel Dragon's trucks in 4th gear, used the OD lockout feature to prevent an up shift, we stabilized EGT's at 1000 degrees before allowing the run to start and did a timed sweep.

We also logged fuel pressure and boost pressure.

All trucks were dyno'd exactly the same except I used EFI-Live to command the TCM 4th gear and command the TC to lockup.

The Dyno files that Ted e-mailed me were from the last time I dyno'd, all I have until Monday is this one printout and I will have TED re-email me the run files compared with the TTS Xtreme on my truck and the Kent Moonshine.

The Moonshine did edge out the TTS Xtreme.......the Moosnshine Curves are the ones to the left on the PIC below.

I'll post the rest of the info ASAP as Jannetty's is closed until Monday.

Mackin's Moonshine also edged out the TTS Xtreme, but on Diesel Dragons truck his TTS Xtreme edged the Moonshine..........

T;) NY

Hats off to Steve Cole for setting the bar.........

BTW.........this tune was done by feel, on the street and then verified on the DYNO.........

Attachments

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
the graph is hard to read.....

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Tony you forgot to mention me and how my dyno runs went ):h

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
And to think I followed your instructions with regard to installing my NAV unit! :eek:
:funnypost Better stock up on LLY ECM's, Trippin...at my rate ill need a new one every week.):h

Did we learn to STOP, LOOK and LISTEN ???????

:rolleyes:
:lol: :funnypost hahahaha yes we did...and we also learned what box to smash with a hammer ASAP:eek:

Signed,
The ECM serial killer

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
By the looks of things you guys are WAY OUT OF AIR!

Mackin, Time for pepper to get another SHAKER! (ROCK)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It was good to see the boys and meet some I haven't met before. Tony, your tune was sweet. Flat, broad, power curves. Best of all where the other big tunes seem to be twichy, rattley, and smoky, Tony's tune was smooth as glass, quiet, and very streetable, with equal or better power and less smoke. Even more impressive when you consider the trucks were running winter blend fuel. I'm not sure if the LB7 with stock turbo and injectors is capable of much more power than that on straight #2 but, if they are I'm sure you will find it. Mac, you haven't lost your touch with the training wheels smokers, even if you were hangin a little (imagine that, 110% Irish and hung over the day after St. Patrick's). Ben, Dude you gotta calm down, just a little.;)

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Ben, Dude you gotta calm down, just a little.;)
:duh: :banghead:

:lol:

Ill be back up and running on monday........................I hope.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Holy crap! As close as both hp and torque # are listed on the graph, I think you found TTS's recipe.

I don't think you could match them any closer than that.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Come on Ben, spill the bean's!! Lets hear what happened!

When I get my trans I want one of these tunes they sound awsome!

Bentley

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Congrats!

We knew you could do it, it just a matter of when.

It would have been nice to pull the dyno's out to 3700rpm to see where the power begins to fall. My guess, moving the shift points will drop ET's.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Holy crap! As close as both hp and torque # are listed on the graph, I think you found TTS's recipe.

I don't think you could match them any closer than that.
The recipe is easy.........all you need are the following ingredients
alot of time, alot of log files and lots of effort and determination.......;)

This tune is the result of three months of continuous work, tweaking a little here and a little there, having the benefit of dynoing this time around I had three trucks to see that the power is made across a 2001-2002-2003 LB7's, two Dooleys and one Single wheel truck.

The tune has plenty of streetability, cruise control works flawlessly and it is very quiet.......

T:D NY

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Ha! "BFG vs. PPE, The Showdown" :D

I wonder who will win?

Dear ECMSK,

Put that box under your front wheel and drive over it on Monday! Send me the pic!

:grd:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.