Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should have my income tax return in about a week and I'm gonna do all my mods at once. I want to do the Edge J/A, dual 5" stacks, Air intake, finger stick, boost stick and egr block off. Should be a big change.

Any suggestions from the pros?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
SUNC):h AST!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks like you have it all figured out. Sounds like a good start to some great improvements.

If you dont get the Attitude I would strongly suggest installing a gauge package first or along with the other mods to keep an eye on your performance so nothing will go POP!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I forgot that, i'm looking at a two pod gauge set on jegs. Has anyone tried the downpipe installation yet?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Cant say as I ever saw dual 5" stacks. I would think it'd be a bit overkill as far as the exhaust breathing..Not trying to shoot you down by any means. I'd love to see pics of a set up.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Cant say as I ever sae dual 5" stacks. I would think it'd be a bit overkill as far as the exhaust breathing..Not trying to shoot you down by any means. I'd love to see pics of a set up.
Same here.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Can you add gauges without voiding your warranty?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Can you add gauges without voiding your warranty?
I asked my dealer the same question and, he told me that what I was doing was fine and would not void my warranty. He said that all I was trying to do is monitor engine functions and that would not void warrenty. I then asked him if I drill the manifold and IC pipe to install the sending unit for the gauges and he said that those items, if a problem was to arise with the manifold or IC pipe that they would probably not be covered but, he also said that it would have to be a problem associated with like sucking cold air if the drilling & tapping was not done correctly.

hope this helps,

JLew:grd:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tranny

I want to do the Edge J/A, dual 5" stacks, Air intake, finger stick, boost stick and egr block off.
quote]
edge with J/A is Juice with Attitude and if you are getting a lot of money i would get a suncoast trans before everything and then ad power and all the power you want
I wish I could afford the tranny upgrade, I just wont be able to hammer it too hard until I can do something with it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I wish I could afford the tranny upgrade, I just wont be able to hammer it too hard until I can do something with it.
i think everyone the doesn't have a tranny upgrade wishes they had one and you can hammer it but just not on level 5 try level 3 and you should be fine but in the end start saving for a trans so you can ad as much power as you want and for a trans it is SUNCOAST all the way

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
i think everyone the doesn't have a tranny upgrade wishes they had one and you can hammer it but just not on level 5 try level 3 and you should be fine but in the end start saving for a trans so you can ad as much power as you want and for a trans it is SUNCOAST all the way
I actually have noticed that I dont drive any "harder" now that I have the suncoast... I still just cant bring myself to really beat on the truck even tho I know the trans will take it. With that being said, I drive exactly the same as I did before, but now im running a much hotter tune...now with the same drving habits, I go faster:D

dbierman2001 that sounds like a good setup...personally I would not bother with the intake. On diesel's it has not really proven itself to be worth the $$$. I bought mine used so I got a good deal on it...I made a point not to pay full price for one. If I had not found the used one, I probably will still be running the stock intake right now...

--Ben

·
Registered
305 Posts
I asked my dealer the same question and, he told me that what I was doing was fine and would not void my warranty. He said that all I was trying to do is monitor engine functions and that would not void warrenty. I then asked him if I drill the manifold and IC pipe to install the sending unit for the gauges and he said that those items, if a problem was to arise with the manifold or IC pipe that they would probably not be covered but, he also said that it would have to be a problem associated with like sucking cold air if the drilling & tapping was not done correctly.

hope this helps,

JLew:grd:

Thanks. I think this is going to be my first mod on myway to tuning.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I actually have noticed that I dont drive any "harder" now that I have the suncoast... I still just cant bring myself to really beat on the truck even tho I know the trans will take it. With that being said, I drive exactly the same as I did before, but now im running a much hotter tune...now with the same drving habits, I go faster:D
--Ben
if i had a trans i would not go and beat on it either i would just run a hotter tune like you do and drive it the same as always but the good part about having a trans is when you want to romp on it hard you can and you dont really have to worry about it

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
6" stacks are too big...IMO. Maybe 5's wouldnt look bad. I saw dual 4" stacks on an F-150 a few weeks ago and it looked gay. I wanted to ask the dude what the hell was going through his mind but I didnt wanna be rude.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I think the 4's are too small for the look I want.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
if i was you i would not even put stacks on your truck but if you like them that much to put big holes in your bed go for it but the regular exhaust looks the best and even the duels look good but i'm not to into the stacks.
if i may ask why do you want them so much

1 - 20 of 42 Posts