Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone post some pictures of your Swiss Cheesed boxes, or any mods you have done to your stock box. Do you have any moisture problems? Looking at opening up for some more air, but have reservations on doing so.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Swiss cheese if need be but below filter and to the front as to avoid Engine compartment heat add a couple drains in the bottom ........
Or drill two big holes in the front or cut out a big V as others .....I "had" no additional water issue .... The rubber flap on the fender use to direct water right in the side of the box .... I have switched to a AFE Magnum stage II since ....

Airbox

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
534 Posts

I used lots of smaller holes through-out the box

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just curious if anyone noticed a difference after putting the holes in the boxes? I recently installed a K&N filter. Would I benefit by putting the holes in or just leave it?

Jeff

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
acehi said:
Just curious if anyone noticed a difference after putting the holes in the boxes? I recently installed a K&N filter. Would I benefit by putting the holes in or just leave it?

Jeff

Yes

Faster spool up of the turbo and increased turbo whistle ...

Mac

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Better air flow helps keep EGT's down.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have run the K and N but hated the oil running into the turbo. This was on a Dodge so I switched to the AFE and liked it better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts