Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new to this site, but I have already found a lot of great info here. For a while, I have been wondering how the modifications made to your trucks affect the dealer warranty. A number of you seem to have removed the muffler on your Dmax and are running a straight pipe. This is something that I am wanting to do, but I sure don't want to void a warranty in the process. I know that it probably depends on the dealer, but has anyone had any grief from their dealer for doing this? I am also wanting to add a set of guages in the cab and was wondering about that. In my opinion, these mods should not affect the warranty on the truck. However, if the dealer wanted to go by the book, then technically ......

Give me some of your experiences and any issues that you may have had. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jason

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
After two trips to the dealer for minor fixes, so far no warnings of warranty refusal.

I have propane injection
Modified airbox
Aftermarket airfilter which they removed once to show me how dirty it was.
Post OEM fuel filter
Straight pipe
Larger tires
Guages

That's my experience and does not mean everybody will have the same with their dealership.

Edited by: hoot

·
Registered
958 Posts
I called my dealer and talked to the service manager before I straight-piped it, he said as long as I dont mess with any sensors on the exhaust (there are none anywhere near the muffler) it's no problem.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
BoilerMaker, your not too terrible far from me if you should have major issues... I can set you up on gauges etc when your ready, installation available. Just check with your dealer before performing major mods.. Some are more arrogent then others.

Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts