Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys,

I just got all my parts together for my 9-11" CST Lift on 38" Toyo M/T's.

My question is what other parts of the truck should I look into modifying to keep everything as durable as possible. I don't think the T-bars will have to be cranked much at all with the 38's, so my CV angles shouldn't be that far off since CST drops a true 9". I got the A arms, dual shock hoops, uniball joints, with dual bilsteins up front and fox's in the back.

I've heard about issues with the torque having a large affect the axles with a lift on, is there any truth to this?

Will the stock driveshaft hold up? Or is aftermarket the way to go?

Transmission and Rear Diff pans? Should I be going aftermarket for the increase fluid capacity to keep things cool?

I just want to make sure I do this correctly so I can keep my truck running as clean as possible.

Also, as far as re-gearing. What levels should I be looking at? I want to have good pulling power but I also don't want to kill MPG.

With the truck stock power, will i need more horsepower and torque with this lift kit installed?

Anything else i am missing?

Thanks a lot for the info guys.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are upgraded tie rods a good idea as well?

·
Registered
243 Posts
For sure, Get the sleeves or go big and get the heim jointed heavy duty rods. Sleeves seemed just fine for me and 37's

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any other things I should be looking into? I also got cognito traction bars with the deal, what are those going to do for me and what other considerations should I have?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
well the traction bars will help keep you from killing your springs (axle warp)...but if you want to do the larger pan on the trans and on the rear diff it never hurts....and about the re gearing theres guys on here running that tire with stock gearing and theres others that regeared to 4:10 i believe but not 100% positive

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'd regear to atleast 4.10, maybe even 4.56. I'd definetly upgrade all the steering parts (tie rods, draglink) They are way under built. Stay away from heims for daily drivers (I would). You will need some type of traction bar to help limit the axle wrap.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I would definitely put some 4.56's in for the re-gear. They will get you real close to stock like gearing. Might want to consider a brake upgrade as well, if you have the $$.

As far as power goes, the stock programming should suffice but more is always better IMO! Just keep it conservative unless of course you do the tranny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts