Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

I have 2x7000 lbs dexter axles and I find the ride very very very rough !!!

Is it possible to install and arm to distribute the weight between the two axles ?

Ive seen some trailer that has this item attached between their axles

can you guys inform me on that plz !!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Not real sure what you are asking, but try going to Dexters web site. There is a boat load of info there, also great customer service if you have questions.

Sorry, can't add any more info.

Bill

·
Registered
486 Posts
He is talking about installing the piece that the shackles on both sets of leaf springs attach to in the following picture.

Yes, it can be done. I would ask first what the other specs of your trailer are though and what you are hauling with it. What psi are you running in the tires on the trailer? Can you get us pictures of the way it's setup now?

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
You can also add bags !!

Is it riding rough unloaded or with weight in it ?

I have one that pulls like a brick when its unloaded, but like a Cadillac when i throw some weight in it.

I tried Timberins and then went to Bags

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
So you have a dual axle trailer with no equalizer between the springs? Can't say I have seen a trailer without them. IMO installing them will do little to nothing for the ride. The purpose of the equalizer is to equalize the load between axles.

Now using dexter E-Z flex equiilizers will help the ride.

A better question might be what sort of load is on the trailer when it is riding rough? With little or no load it is going to be rough no matter what.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I've never seen a trailer with tandem axles and no equalizer, at not least on small RVs or car haulers. Perhaps he has a big commercial trailer? The load rating of the axles would not suggest that, though.

I agree that the equalizer will not improve the ride much, but it will do wonders to even out the load on the suspension and tires, helping prolong the equipment life.

The EZ-flex will supposedly smooth out the ride some, and the air-bags are the top end of supple rides.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
08radolt trailer has torsion axles. Cushioned equalizers don't work on torsion axles -only on double eye leaf spring suspension.

sorry to say there is no magic bullet to resolve a rough riding empty torsion axle trailer on washboard gravel. Some of the ride issues are the result of how a torsion axle works -that is the inability to react quickly enough on washboard surface.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re

youre right its only a question of balancing the weight around the trailer the right way not little and not too much weights on the pin and on the trailer

10-20 % on the pin maximum for a nicer rice :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts