Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking for some input from other AF sites on how their mobile view function is working, and how it's being received by the membership.

Like several other AF's sites I have noticed, a new mobile view was instituted here a month or two back and we have experienced a lot of problems, anybody interested can read the thread in our ops forum on the subject.

Curious if it's working better elsewhere or of other sites are also experiencing issues with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok, late the party here, but as you saw on HF, we've had quite a few complaints and several threads complaining about it.

·
LLY Guy
11,950 Posts
Almost all replies we've had have been negative. Several pages of reports have been posted to and read by auto forums, but no fix has been done.
They don't seem to want to remove it either.
I will say that it's been a while since I've experienced an issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We finally got someone at VS to reply on one of our complaint threads. They say they are working on the bugs and have developed some apps for the platforms that seem to be experiencing the most problems.
Which app did you try callie454?

Many of our users find that they are not able to switch back to the old style, or if they can, it auto converts to the new one after a few pages. And everytime the sign up it resets itself. Don't use mobile much myself.

I found out that Mark has left. Will the roundtable discussions continue on anyway?

I'm the only admin left on HF now (Kevin/Southern Trails quit) and it's been nice to chat with other mods and admins when I've had the chance to visit here.
Is anyone a member of, or do you browse the vBulletin forums? I've found some helpful info on those. HF is running on an older (an un-updated) version so it's been helpful to find the tech information and geek speak there.

~HF Admin

·
LLY Guy
11,950 Posts
We have heard pretty much the same regarding the mobile veiw.
I'm all for continuing the round table

1 - 6 of 6 Posts