Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always like Mobil 1 products and it seems like a lot of you use the Moblil 1 Delvac oil but what about their ATF. I keep reading about transynd. Is it beter than Mobil 1? Also I saw some post about taking off some trans line and flushing the trans when switching over. That seems like a pain. Is there really that much left in there or is it adequate to just drain the pan. While I am at it what does the deeper pan do for you? Obviously more fluid but what is the advantage to that? Cooling?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
While I am at it what does the deeper pan do for you? Obviously more fluid but what is the advantage to that? Cooling?

Yes, and with added capacity longer drain intervals ....

I'm running Mobil I dino .... Trynsnd is a synthetic .... Synthetics offer extended drain intervals and will with stand greater heat before breaking down ....

The flush method is the only way to completely (or close to it) the Converter and cooler when swapping fluid .... You could do it two or three times in succession too but it will cost .....

Swapping to Transynd,I would flush .... It isn't hard at all .....There is plenty of info here to accomplish with support ....

* Sorry Eric thought I'd give you a break *

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the Mobil 1 ATF was synthetic also. I thought all Mobil 1 products were synthetics or they would just be called Mobil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts