Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
I've been keeping my eye on responses to this oil. I went down to my local Checker Auto Parts yesterday and they do stock it as well. $4.99 a qt. If this new SUV/Truck oil is in fact rebadged Delvac 1 it would be nice to finally have a local convinient way to get it. I was watching a thread over on bobistheoilguy.com and one poster stated he called Mobil and was able to get confirmation that it was Delvac 1. I still have a couple thousand miles left to figure out what I am going to do....

Bob

·
Registered
994 Posts
Excellent Post !!

I cannot believe it took Mobil this long to figure out they were marketing the product incorrectly (at least in the USA)!!

Here are the Product Specs for Mobil Delvac and the New Mobile 1 Truck and SUV product. Looks the same so far,,,, Lets hear what others have to say!!

Mobil Delvac 5W-40

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXE2CVLMOMobilDelvac1_5W-40.asp

New Mobile 1 Truck and SUV

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_Truck_SUV_5W-40.asp

Later,

AlanEdited by: OC_DMAX

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
I get a kick out of the "Truck and SUV" designation.
I prefer the 4x4 oil myself

Bottom line is they say it specifically blended for todays Trucks and SUV which demand severe duty service.

As far as I'm concerned... you go by weight and quality, not if it's for some specific vehicle (diesel is an exception)

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally it does not make sense to me from a Mobil perspective to claim they are the same oil. Why? What would prevent truckers from buying the $4.99/qt stuff for the big rigs? I think such a statement would doom the stuff sold as Delvac 1 for $20+/gallon. Doesn't make financial sense to me unless Mobil thinks they will sell more oil as a result of the "Truck/SUV Oil" to compensate.

On edit, I just realized $4.99/qt x 4 is still $20/gal so I guess the cost isn't much cheaper ... the main advantage would be the oil would be easier to find. I'm converting to Delo 400 next change anyways but thought the info was worth posting.Edited by: tophog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts