Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live down here in florida,will 15/40 mobil 1 work ok in these truck's.And is there a special mobil 1 for diesel's or is it all the same?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Does it meet the requirements for diesels.. Forget what they are but they are in the owners manual... There is a new mobil 1 coming out just for diesels..

·
Registered
224 Posts
ci-4 and ci-4 plus are diesel rated oils. i think the d-max with the egr requires the ci-4 plus rated oil. in 07 the diesel oils will have a CJ-4 rating, from what i have heard.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Is a synthetic Mobil-1 made in a 15w40?
They sell a 15w50, which is only rated to CF, and the 5w40 Truck &SUV, soon to be replaced with "TurboDiesel" formula 5w40, but the only 15w40 synthetics that are available that I am aware of are the more "boutique" oils like Amsoil, Redline, Royal Purple, etc....

Listen to SnowBandit and rjm... if it's got an API CI-4, CI-4+ or higher (which would include CJ, CK, etc... when formulated) then it's good to go.
If it's lower, it's not rated for our engines.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
There is no such thing as Mobil 1 15w-40. The Delvac 1300 15w-40 is a conventional, but very good, oil, that should be fine year round in Florida.

There are several Mobil 1 5w-40 oils suitable for diesels, namely, Delvac 1 and the old Truck and SUV. There is a new product coming out in 5w-40 that will be called "Turbo Diesel Truck", and that is also suitable. However, there is a new "Truck and SUV" that is 5w-30. That product is not suitable. Wrong viscosity range, and does not have the necessary diesel ratings.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I live down here in florida,will 15/40 mobil 1 work ok in these truck's.And is there a special mobil 1 for diesel's or is it all the same?

The Mobil 1 5-40W Truck/SUV synthetic is the correct oil to use

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
The Mobil 1 5-40W Truck/SUV synthetic is the correct oil to use
If you can find it. It is currently available in SoCal only in quart bottles, and is being phased out in favor of the new Truck/TurboDiesel formula that will hit the distribution channels in mid-April.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts