Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can use Mobil 1 to top off my transmission after changing the spin on filter? its a 2006 2500HD with the allison.

Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Mobil 1 will be ok to top off with? I am planning on dumping all the ATF pretty soon before I head south on a long road trip and switching to mobil 1 atf..

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok.. thanks..

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Read mobil1 website and this is what I found

# Dexron III, Dexron IIIE, Dexron
# Now approved for H specification, the latest GM Dexron III performance level
# Mercon
# Recommended for Allison C-4 and Caterpillar TO-2 applications

Just want to double check I am going to be running this in an 2006... is it safe to make the switch to Mobil1? down the road.. Right now its just to top off but I like to make the switch too.

So is topping off ok?
Switch ok?

Thanks guys.. Just don't want to trash this tranny..

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call me chick.. :eek:

Just worried that GM will void my warrenty if I don't use something that is VI..

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Call me chick.. :eek:

Just worried that GM will void my warrenty if I don't use something that is VI..
GM doesn't even know what VI is yet. Do you think that the so called tech that is going to toss your spin on magnet in the trash with the filter is going to miraculously get a brain fart and say " why, I do believe this Ally has Mobil 1 in it. " ):h

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Could tossing the doughnut magnet lead to outrageously high tranny temps?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I did my 2000mile replace-all-filters-and-fluids job and used Mobile 1 ATF as it was the only thing I could find that mentioned the H specification. I even dropped the pan, replaced the low pressure pick up filter and cleaned the square flat pan magnet. I could not believe the ammount of metal stuck to the pan mag at 2k.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mobil 1 topoff

I can use Mobil 1 to top off my transmission after changing the spin on filter? its a 2006 2500HD with the allison.

Thanks
I changed mine yesterday and measured out exactly 1 pint.
The Mobil One label read compatible with Dexron III conventional
fluid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts