Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
REAL TIME TUNING -- Reality with Westers DDTuner

I have never heard of them. I saw they had the tunercat and I think it will work with the duramax.
Craig is the designer behind the real-time tuning available now with our DDT software package.
With our DDTuner package and hardware, you'll now be able to tune your Duramax LB7 in 'real time' with no need to 'reflash and test'. This is a free upgrade to our existing customers, but will necessitate the refit of the emulator package into an LB7 PCM.
As we continue to expand this system, we will have 'wire-less' support (look ma...no cables !), datalogging and other features over the next year.

More details to follow...

Lyndon
Westers Garage
www.ecmprogrammer.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,

I offer several products for tuning and chipping. We design, manufacture, and directly market these items. Most of my product slate is for the OBD1-level of applications (chipped vehicles). The only product that is currently being offered (as of today) is the RoadRunner.

The RoadRunner is presently only supported by EFI Live and TunerCat. Other than myself and Thunder Racing, they are the only individuals on the planet that have laid their hands on one of these devices to date.

If TunerCat or EFI Live provide support for particular applications, and if the hardware proves to work for those applications, then it will be made available under license as paired with one of those two software packages.

Presently, the LB7 has not been tested. However, I do have a unit on the bench and will begin testing this weekend. If all goes well, then realtime tuning for Duramax will become available shortly thereafter. To date, the unit has only been tested (successfully I might add) using LS1-style PCMs such as the 99-02 F/Y-bodies and 2000+ gasser V8s.

I've put together a bit of informative content as this hardware moves through its launch. You can find the most relevant content right here:

www.moates.net/roadrunner/

As you look through it, please see some of the imbedded links which will take you to yet more info.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but I wanted to take a moment to ensure that folks are accurately informed with respect to where things stand and where they are headed.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
-Craig

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that for the masses...
As Tunercat is the base builder of our software package, we're confident that the end results will be positive and eagerly await the hardware delivery for further testing at our end, Craig. DDT-RT software will be finished shortly, as indicated by TC -- we will bench test -- and then its' into the trucks and dyno.

I'm very pleased you're supporting only two software packages.

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! When I do get a tuner I'm sure it will be EFI-Moates tuner. My brother in-law told me about your site and will be buying one for his sons car. He gets things lined out it won't be long before I'm ready.:ro)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.