·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Results:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yep.........Matt (SoMnDmax), Grant, and I all sweept the top 3 spots for HP. All Duramax's. One 01.02.and 03. Dodges put down some killer torque though.........950 lb ft

Minn-Kota is hidding.

Here is Kennedy working his magic on my GMC....I put down 444 RWHP and 777 LB FT..........not bad.....not bad at all.

My other numbers:

Stock run-Straight piped and UNI:

261.9 hp 449.5 lb ft

Quad 135 installed:

405.1 hp 746.6 lb ft

Quad 135 stacked with a comp juice:

444.1 hp 777.0 lb ft

VERY FUN

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the dyno didn't allow for longbox crew cab trucks. Too short

Mav, Wanted to get a group picture together of the trucks as Matt suggested. Had that dang Dodge blocking me in all afternoon and they were elbow deep in Cummins grease.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Not sure where you guys were in MN but I wish I would have seen this earlier. I likely would have made the trip. Oh well, maybe next time
I couldn't touch those numbers anyways.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oustanding numbers on the dyno. Maybe break the 500 hp and 1,000 ft-lbs marks the next time?

I'm hoping Brian (dyno owner) can modify the lube rack to get the longer trucks up to the rollers. It was pretty tight with the extended cab long beds.

Cummins grease? I resemble that remark. We actually have to get our hands dirty instead of pushing some electrons around. I was finishing off some over due projects.

Next time I'll stay out from under the hoods and stay inside to talk with everyone.

-John

edit: I'll be posting dyno info on my webpages http://www.nwbombers.com/membersites/johne/

Edited by: JohnE

·
Registered
540 Posts
What is it that causes the Dodges to produce those terriffc torque numbers??

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
351 Posts
There were five Dmax's but like Minn-Kots said, the rack was too short for a CC long box so John couldn't run. John was a little PO'ed because he didn't know about the short rack. So he took it out (anger) by whopping up on the Doge and Ford boys.......in HP anyway......with our trucks. It was fun.

John getting ready with Matt's truck.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Grant is a buddy of Matt's. He was running a Kennedy special
. He wouldn't even tell me what it was. You have to admit, it was a strong run

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Maverick said:
Grant is a buddy of Matt's. He was running a Kennedy special
. He wouldn't even tell me what it was. You have to admit, it was a strong run
Yes it was .... Stick or Auto ??
Where was the 508,CPMac ???

Mac

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Maybe the inline 6 gives Cummins the Torque? I would think the stroke on them is a little longer.

·
Registered
747 Posts
FirstDiesel said:
What is it that causes the Dodges to produce those terriffc torque numbers??

I think it's the extra long crank!

I have had great torque with inline 6 gassers over the years(60's and early 70's models). It is just the nature of an inline 6 I guess. I had a great article explaining this at one time, but I have misplaced it when moving around through the years. Maybe someone with a little more info will chime in. I have had several gm 292's and a couple f**d 300's and they all produced great torque IMHO.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Mackin said:

Mac

We were all running auto's locked in 4th with Tech II's and in T/H.

What is a 508,CPMac?

The Dodge that put down the 950 was a stick. They even put 6 guys in the bed for weight. It was a dually with the outters taken off. Requirement for all duallys.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Maverick said:
Mackin said:

Mac

We were all running auto's locked in 4th with Tech II's and in T/H.

What is a 508,CPMac?

The Dodge that put down the 950 was a stick. They even put 6 guys in the bed for weight. It was a dually with the outters taken off. Requirement for all duallys.
Thanks for the info Mav ....

Cpmac's sig carries a best 508 HP .... I'm just breaking his chops ....

I dyno on a Dynojet duals inplace ..... They side strap me also to keep me centered .... Going to be real interesting traction wise ,I believe this coming Saturday .... We'll see ,hope I don't come back with my tail between my legs .... I'm hoping the Suncoast makes a big differance my best prior was 422/800,but I have a few more tricks this time ....Sure is a hole heap of stronger on the asphalt ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
494 Posts
Mackin I hear ya. Not real easy to get over 5, maybe it's the manual!

·
Registered
10 Posts
<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="2472412692">Hello every one I am Grant I am sorry that I didn't reply to this sooner but I haven't been around a computer for a while.</LABEL>

<LABEL id=HbSession SessionId="2472412692">The dyno day was great fun, now I just have to start saving the pennies for my suncoast!!!!
</LABEL>

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Grant, nice to see you make it over here.

I wonder if Matt has a Suncoast on order yet after the drive home that evening?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.