Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen some people mix and match exhaust systems, are there any that will not work. I am thinking of possibly getting the moto-blue dual cat back set up, and them possibly adding a front pipe later. I don't see moto-blue selling just a front pipe set up, but mbrp and maybe some others do have a front pipe. Will any of these just bolt up together?

Another question, I see that moto-blue makes a muffler delete pipe for their single exhaust systems, but I can't seem to find one for the dual. Will the mbrp muffler delete for their cool duals work with the moto-blue duals?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
If it helps.....

I have a MBRP front pipe bolted to a BANKS cat-back. As for delete pipes, I think the length of the installed muffler as compared to the length of the delete pipe would be the only concern.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Most every body's systems will mix and match. A cat back system has to meet an oem point, and most cat back systems just delete the front pipe. So their shouldn't be any problem. Thanks, Jerod.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Like Jerod said, the moto blue kit will most likely come with a reducer to match up to the band clamp on the stock cat. Later if you plan to run the front pipe (depending on the brand of course), you will remove the reducer and install a new four inch band clamp so the new front pipe and the existing moto blue can match up.......confused yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.