Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THERE IS JUST NOTHING LIKE TOYOTA SERVICE AROUND THESE PARTS. THE GM DEALERS WHERE I AM FROM IS SOME OF THE WORST FOLKS I HAVE EVER SEEN. ITS GOTTEN SO BAD NOW I WISH I WOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT THE TRUCK.....SO ....IS IT LIKE THIS EVERYWHERE? FILL ME IN BECAUSE I HAVE HAD TOYOTA'S FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS NOW .....OH YEAH ITS NOT MAJOR PROBLEMS EITHER JUST LITTLE STUFF TO BE FIXED BUT THEY JUST GIVE YOU SO MUCH BULLSHT ABOUT IT.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've still got 6 Toyotas, do most all of my own work. The only one that will make it into the dealer is the wife's 03 4-Skinner. The Toy dealer has been pretty good so far. My D-Max has been in once, couldn't have asked for better service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oldman

I sold my Toyota 4x4 truck about a month ago to buy a new GMC, It was the BEST truck I`ve ever owned....
I wonder what i`m going to tell my boss...
I work for Toyota !!

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have a 1988 Toyota 4x4, It has been so good to me I hate to say good by to it.

I can't say how my service has been since no visits yet. I did take a Corvette in for a water leak and it's still leaking.

Just my 2 cents Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Voodoo said:
I have a 1988 Toyota 4x4, It has been so good to me I hate to say good by to it.

When you do ~ let me know how ~ bought my 84 new and kept it prestine. Has <80K orig miles but had to have more brute and bought my first domestic in 30yrs. Love my D/A but have a special relationship w/trustworthy toyota still. I was/am hoping that the engine having been designed by Isuzu would provide the same reliability for which I've become accustomed

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
The GM dealer I took my truck to before xmas totally F'ed me. I told them i needed it repaired by xx date. I told them I was leaving for 14 days on vacation. They parked the truck in the back and never worked on it for 3.5 days. I lost it with them and got everyone involved including GM. I was pissed.

I have always had bad service from chevy/gm. Ford was better but I think its just the specific dealer.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I think it's dealer specific as PC commented .... I have good service so far from my dealer on warranty repair so far .....

Mac

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have stories and stories about bad service and to be completely honest if I didn't get the GM discount I don't know what I would drive. I hear the same about Ford and Dodge also.

I tell the girlfriend this is the last GM truck I will have. And her I am again looking at 04's. SRW.

Girlfriend is looking at a new explorer and I am encouraging her to shop around.

I would buy American cars to the bitter end. The prices need to stop going up, the quality needs to go way up and the service needs to be completely revamped. The prices are going up quicker then my pay. I can't afford to buy a new one.

If I treated my customers like I get treated down there at service I would get fired.

Last week I needed an extra oil filter and I went down to the local stealer and they passed me around the service counter to a guy sitting in the back that told me to hold on a minute. I got talking while still waiting and 5 minutes pass by. I ask the guy if he is working on the filter and he snaps at me, "in a minute". I turned to the guy that was with me that BTW gets red carpet service from them (he is local and I am not) and said they are not the only place that sells filters. I should of walked out the door but I didn't just in case some day I need these ass's to work on my truck in an emergency.

I have gotten the same service as the sitting out back for 3.5 days while having a caviler loaner.

The bottom line guys, these truck cost as much as a Cadillac, we should get Caddy loaners or truck loaners also.

Last week I saw a really nice BMW, it was 15 grand less then my truck!!!!!!!!!!!! What am I doing driving this thing around when I could be riding in a BMW. I must be crazy. Bet BMW service is customer driven.

·
Registered
149 Posts
well here you'd have to drive for hours to get to the nearest BMW place to get service. Same for Toyota. That doesn't work for me. All in all my Gm dealers have been good to me, there has been the odd little upset, but that usually is due to an individual overworked and underpaid having a bad day- could happen at any service location.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nope, the local dealer and the past two dealers (GM dealers) have been a-OK. I ain't never had a "truck" ( really have a hard time calling them "trucks", that burned Saki, and aint gonna.

Have had Honda cars, but my experience with them is their customer service was no better than any I have received form GM.

Shop for dealers like you would for the truck. I know sometime you are held hostage, but many of us have relative close alternatives. Also, let GM know directly that their service at dealer X SUCKS!

As far as people being aholes, let the service manager know that the guy is a jerk, and is hurting their business.

I am fortunate but me and my service dept are

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had 7 Toyota trucks before a '95 Z28 (bought back on lemon law) and a '97 GMC K1500, just traded last year for the Dodge. The Toyotas rarely had a problem so it was hard to judge the service. I broke a rear spring on one of them towing a bobcat, they fixed it no problem. The service on the Z28 was great even though it had so many problems, and the dealer I took it to was not even the one I bought it from. The service on the GMC sucked they did not want to do anything on it, I kept having to bring it back to get them fix the same problems, finally they would do it. The worst part was they would make a mess of the truck every time, it would stink like gas and oil and they would get grease and dirt on carpet, seats and door panels. My service experience with the Dodge has been bad so far to and all I have needed was a inspection sticker, I watched as they did it and it was scary how the mechanics were joking and playing in the service department. I have a couple little things to have fixed now but I am going to wait till spring so I can bring the truck to them clean so they cannot grind the salt and sand into the paint.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bertram65 said:
.. The Toyotas rarely had a problem so it was hard to judge the service. ...

Amen. I bought my 84 Land Cruiser new. Within one month I had it in to the dealer to fix a water leak in the taillights. 20 years later I still have the Cruiser but it's never had to go back to the dealer. You just can't beat Toyota quality!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rickles04---I don't know what part of Alabama you're from, but if you're close to Florence,AL. stop by Nelda Stephenson Chevy. I am very pleased with their service dept.------------
---Phil

·
Registered
218 Posts
Everybody can't be served instantly all the time. Americans are spoiled people. I won't for a minute want to be that guy behind the counter, he's got to deal with his wife, his kids, his boss, Gm, the stupid engineering thats driven by cost and finally the customer that's stressed out because he's going thru the same thing in his life. And all this cost? Take a look at what it costs to do business in this country, then thank your lawyer driven government that doen't represent us anymore. We're victims of our culture...........we have to learn to relax. By the way, my truck was at a GM dealer for 3 weeks for a water leak, I ended up stopping into the dealer and tactfully getting the mechanic to take a look at it with me ( after half the dealership tried finding the problem) and the two of us found it by using soap and compressed air. No bitching, just trying to help myself out by helping them. In the end it got solved and I didn't ruin their lives in the process. I know it's easier said than done but lifes to short and these trucks are just metal junk that will be in crusher in 15 years.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
I agree with Topgas, a little kindness goes a long way.

I think the problem with my dealer in small town America does not alway know more then us. I do all my research before I step in the door for anything. I know what is wrong, what is reasonable costs etc. Sometimes I know more then they do and I am sure that does not rub them right. I am not a smart a all the time. When it is time for me to take it in it is something me and my 2 buddies and 1 women can not fix ourselves.

We are educated customers that know our trucks. That is a GOOD thing.

The reason I go some places I go to purchase products is because of their service with a smile and I appreciate that even if stuff costs more I still go there. Worth the help and kindness. Without customers there is no business.Edited by: dmaxscott

·
Registered
79 Posts
Topgas

Well said !!

I`am the "guy behind the counter"(for Toyota),and it no different here.If you don`t serve joe customer as soon as he steps in the door,watch out!!

I don`t know why people think they will get better service by creating a scene at the counter,It`s quite the opposite in my opinion,I tend to look after the customer who is civil before the other *ss .It`s all about mutual RESPECT.

·
Registered
398 Posts
problemchild said:
The GM dealer I took my truck to before xmas totally F'ed me. I told them i needed it repaired by xx date. I told them I was leaving for 14 days on vacation. They parked the truck in the back and never worked on it for 3.5 days. I lost it with them and got everyone involved including GM. I was pissed.

I have always had bad service from chevy/gm. Ford was better but I think its just the specific dealer.

Man, it must suck to be you, all these problems with GM and then A bad UNI filter to boot. Glad you don't live by me, I seem to have enough bad luck of my own.

·
Registered
713 Posts
John R said:
problemchild said:

Man, it must suck to be you, all these problems with GM and then A bad UNI filter to boot. Glad you don't live by me, I seem to have enough bad luck of my own.

WHAT HE SAID!

·
Banned
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
update!!!!!!!! service dept says its going to be the end of next week before truck can be fixed.....has to order parts.....i wonder whatever happen to next day parts delivery? if toyota can why cant gm....?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts