Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my truck with the power towing mirrors that I didn't really want, so I swapped them with the full feature folding mirrors. I just plugged them in and all the functions worked perfectly. One very minor problem is the Curb View Assist. It is supposed to be an option in the DIC but it isn't there. Is it a program thing that my dealer can correct or is it just not going to be available to me because of the towing mirrors? Its not really a big deal, but i have noticed it to be a handy feature in the past.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've got the extended power towing mirror on mine too. Love them. As far as I can tell there is no curb assist option in mine either. I believe it has to do with the mirror option from the factory.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
If you reprogram the drivers door module and the BCM, you will gain your functions back.. I switched from folding to extending and had to reprogram both modules to make it work properly. Just click on the option for power extend camper mirrors or deluxe folding mirrors when you go into TIS-2000 to program.

Eric

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello All, please excuse my post form - not sure how this will look - but I too replaced my power folding mirrors on my 03 Hd2500 with the power extend camper/towing factory mirrors. Install went perfect until I asked my Dealer (Victory Chev here in Mount Holly, NC. Jim Nolen sevice manager) if he could flash the proper code in the computer to make them extend, etc. He says he could flash no problem. The tech reflash the computer however he said he didn't have the option of adding the code, etc.
Service manager then told me the "wiring" was different. GM customer service told me the same thing - what a waste of time with that call.

After reading your post, Eric it seems it is possible and I need to find someone to do it - my question is this something that any dealer should be able to do?

This forum is excellent guys it's been a pleasure reading about our trucks. Thanks for any info you can share!

Reg

dmaxalliTech said:
If you reprogram the drivers door module and the BCM, you will gain your functions back.. I switched from folding to extending and had to reprogram both modules to make it work properly. Just click on the option for power extend camper mirrors or deluxe folding mirrors when you go into TIS-2000 to program.

Eric

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I have lots of customers who have problems having dealer flash the truck correctly when adding the tow/camper mirrors. Apparently most of them are clueless or don't perform the flash correctly and end up telling the customers must be a problem with the mirror ... and most take their truck to a different dealer and they do it correctly. Would be great if there was a high-level procedures people could take to their dealer in case they are clueless ...

I'm assuming all they have to do is update the Tech II with the correct config. file (I.e. software update) via TIS2000 and the SIS option, plug into truck, select the correct module(s) to reprogram and reflash the module ? Doesn't seem like rocket science.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to reply - I'm going to try some more Dealers in my area. With my luck, I may have to drive to MI!!!!

The part of this that really irritated me was that my Service Manager wouldn't or couldn't call someone within GM to find out how this was done...

Again, thanks for the info...

Happy Holidays!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts