Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need mirrors ..... One the glass is scratched to sh*t from a now deceased Mockingbird,long story ..... Other one got biffed on the lift on one of the trips in and out ....

Need price on stock ones .....
Can you get Tahoe (blinker style) in Chrome back not painted ??
Options and Pics of installed aftermarkets,please ....Pros and cons ,no whistler's or vibrators need apply ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The 03/04 full featured mirrors will fit physically but not plug/play. You'd have to wire blinker/dim yourself. I have a guide some guy put together that covers installing the 03/04 mirrors on a pre-03 Tahoe ...figure the trucks are the same. I can forward to you if interested.

http://home.comcast.net/~tophog/duramax/mirrors/GM_Mirrors.htm

On edit: Thanks Notsdale
Mackin, the mirror backs are separate and come in chrome, or painted to match. I'll have to check prices but I think painted are around $40/set and chrome around $60 ...Edited by: tophog

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mack ... sent you a PM about this .... Jim

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mackin, do you tow alot? I have some Bestop on the classified, power no heat. Am going to post pictures next.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Do the factory towing extending mirrors have the auto dimming feature?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
cdhd2001 said:
Do the factory towing extending mirrors have the auto dimming feature?

Thanks

No, they do not.

Tow/Camper Mirror features:
<UL>
<LI>Electronic extend/retract</LI>
<LI>Power adjust</LI>
<LI>Heated</LI>
<LI>Built-in turn signal</LI>
<LI>Manual fold</LI>[/list]

·
Registered
845 Posts
I paid a 120 for a stock GM power heated mirror. If I had to do it again, Id buy the turn signal ones and hot wire it in myself. Too late now, But with the way Ive been going through the heater part of these mirrors,(always stops working) I will end up buying another set in the near future.

Bill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts