Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody changed out there mirrors on their visors for mirrors that are covered with a door?

Greg

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Haven't done that but what is the reason if you don't mind me asking:confused:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would to change the mirror also, my wife hates seeing the mirror when the visor is down

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
I did it on my 2000 S10. I don't know why GM dropped the lighted mirrors - other than cost cutting, but come'on cost cutting on a $50K truck? Anyway, the swap was very easy, took about 25 minutes. There were hot and ground wires already under the headliner and I just spliced into them.

The key would be to finding visors that fit in the stock location. I don't know when GM dropped these from the trucks, or what other models (Suburban, Escalade, ect.) might work.

If someone knows which ones are interchangable, please post, as I would like to add them to my 2006 3500HD.

:help2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the process of doing that right now. I bought the lighted vanity mirrors that were removed from a 2005 Tahoe, same interior color. First difference - they are longer than the stock visor. no problem - in the Denali, they use the longer visor and you can see the plastic plug in the headliner. I finally tracked down the plug part number and got those in with the new clips. Only thing to do now is actually cut the new holes in the headliner and wire for power. I will try and finish it all next week. I got tired of listening to the "you paid how much for this truck without a lighted mirror"...

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
I'm in the process of doing that right now. I bought the lighted vanity mirrors that were removed from a 2005 Tahoe, same interior color. First difference - they are longer than the stock visor. no problem - in the Denali, they use the longer visor and you can see the plastic plug in the headliner. I finally tracked down the plug part number and got those in with the new clips. Only thing to do now is actually cut the new holes in the headliner and wire for power. I will try and finish it all next week. I got tired of listening to the "you paid how much for this truck without a lighted mirror"...
Tell me you're planning a write up with part numbers.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
I certainly will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts